Author: Chaitali Ray Chaudhuri (Datta) Posted Date: 31 Dec 2017 Points: 12 (Rs. 12) Member Level: Diamond
Campus Representative of
Kendriya Hindi Sansthan
(We do not have a campus rep for this college yet)
About Kendriya Hindi Sansthan
Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, also known as Central Institute of Hindi, is an educational Institution which was set up in the year of 1961 by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India. The institute is managed by an autonomous organization named Kendriya Hindi Shikshan Mandal.
The name of the institution has been changed many times. Indian Govt. proposed to change the name of Kendriya Hindi Shikshan Mandal to Akhil Bhartiya Hindi Prashikshan Mahavidyalaya which was changed to Kendriya Hindi Shikshan Mahavidyalaya on 1st January 1963. And finally, it's changed to Kendriya Hindi Sansthan in the year of 1963 on 29th October.
Being located in Agra with its headquarter, the institute has also formed eight regional centers all over the country which are as follows:
1. Established in Delhi in the year of 1970
2. In Hyderabad, it was formed in 1976
3. In 1978, third regional center was set up in Guwahati
4. In the year of 1987, it has opened its fourth center in Shillong
5. In the very next year, it started journey in Mysore
6. Dimapur was its next destination in 2003
7. In Bhubaneswar, the institute was established in 2003.
8. The last one is in Ahmedabad since. 2006
The role of the institute is to organize different projects and activities for teaching, training, research, and promotion as well as propagation of Hindi at Nationally and Internationally too.
Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).