M.D. Ophthalmology or Doctor of Medicine in Ophthalmology is a three year Post graduate course that is helpful in solving eye related problems like glaucoma, iritis, chemical burns orbital cellulite, eye trauma, crossed eyes, eye tumours, optic neuritis.
1. They must have completed M.B.B.S with 55% marks.
2. Some colleges also conduct entrance exam for getting admission to this course.
Duration: It’s a 3 years course.
Subjects covered under this course:
1. Basic Science in Ophthalmology.
2. Trauma and Emergency Ophthalmology
3. Disorders of the lids, lacrimal drainage apparatus, orbit and oculopasty
4. External eye disease, Sclera, Cornea
5. Optics and refraction, contact lenses and low visual aids
6. Lens and Glaucoma
7. Uvea and Vitreo retinal diseases
8. Disorders of the optic nerve, visual pathway Neurophthamology
9. Ocular motility, Strabismus, Paediatric Ophthalmology
10. Community Ophthalmology
Scope after this course:
1. They can work as an Ophthalmologist.
2. They can work as a Clinical Data Analyst.
3. They can found Employment in various sectors such as hospitals undertaken by state and central government.
4. They can also work in hospitals undertaken by state and central government.
5. They can also work in research area.