About B.Sc Polymer Chemistry course
It is an undergraduate course in Chemistry. In this course, the students study both natural and synthetic polymers. Polymer Chemistry deals with the structure, nature and applications of polymers e.g. synthetic polymers, plastics, cleaners, soaps and other chemical products.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Polymer Chemistry course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized college or university.
- The students must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the Higher Secondary level.
- The admission to this course is based on the marks obtained in entrance test.
The minimum duration of B.Sc Polymer Chemistry course is about 3 years which is divided into six semesters. This course is career orienting in nature and have further study option as well.
The course curriculum is allocated with different theoretical subjects and practicals. In the first year, all the subjects in the course are common to all the engineering branches. In the second year, the course focuses on specific subjects of polymer chemistry. The third year of the course focuses on the specialized areas of polymer chemistry.
Who is suitable for B.Sc Polymer Chemistry course
- This course is suitable for those who want to become a polymer chemist. He should be detail oriented, should enjoy his work independently, should have a high degree of mental focus and should be interested in precision.
- They should be able to work independently as a part of team of chemists.
In these days, chemicals are widely used in everything be it medicines, food or electronics. Polymers are used in industries like automobile, aerospace, etc. The applications of polymers are also used in specific products like bicycle, sports equipments, fishing rods, etc. Candidates holding qualification in the field of polymer chemistry can find enormous jobs in various industries as polymer specialists, technologists, quality control inspectors, etc. Chemists are mostly employed in research institutes, pharmaceutical industries, school and government laboratories, institutions, etc. Chemistry graduates are employed in industries involved in manufacturing and processing of cheese, food and beverage products, biscuits, jams, noodles and readymade food items. Opportunities also exist in the field of research and development.
B.Sc Polymer Chemistry Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Polymer Chemistry for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Polymer Chemistry courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.