Those students who are interested to take up B.C.A as their higher study program must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- They should be a citizen of India.
- They should have passed Higher Secondary examination or 10+2 exam with at least 45% marks in aggregate ( varies from institute to institute) as Maths and English being one of the subjects.
- The minimum age limit to get admission into this course is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years.
- The candidates are generally admitted on the basis of written examination conducted by various institutes or universities, followed by personal interview.
- Some institutes or universities admit students on the basis of merit.
The duration of B.C.A Computer Application course is about 3 years, which are divided into six semesters.
After completing B.C.A, students can go for M.C.A (Master of Computer Application) course or M.B.A (Master of Business Administration) in Information Technology. M.C.A is considered equivalent to engineering course, B.Tech.
The demand for IT professionals is not only increasing in India but also abroad. After completion of B.C.A course, students can find a job in reputed IT companies like Infosys, IBM, Oracle and Google. The students can work as a junior engineer, system engineer, system administrator or a web developer. Students can make their career not only in the private sector, but also in the public sector. The Government organization like Indian Army, NIC, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force recruit a large number of computer professionals for their IT department.
After completion of the course, a student’s work profile may include:
- System Engineer in top companies like Google, Infosys, HP, Wipro
- Programmer in various software development firms
- System Administrator in an organization including schools, colleges, banks
- Web Developer in various web designing companies
- Software Developer in companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook
The range of careers in IT related fields are immense. Some are highly technical while some are creative. Much of the work involves problem solving and lateral thinking.
The career opportunities can be broadly categorized under Software Developers, Computer Programmers, Business / System Analyst, Web Designers / Developers, Training Professionals, System Operators, Customer / Helpdesk / Technical Support Executive or Team Leads.
B.C.A. Computer Application Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.C.A. Computer Application for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.C.A. Computer Application courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.