Admission procedure includes different below mentioned options-
- The first option includes admission through CSIR NET examinations. These examinations are conducted twice a year and interested candidates can appear in the same. The qualified candidates can apply for PhD with scholarship and government funded projects.
- Another option for Science candidates is through DBT. National level entrance examination is also conducted by DBT for research work which supports shortlisted candidates in pursuing their research work.
- UGC NET is again similar Examination as CSIR NET which supports research work and provides funds to the deserving candidates.
- Candidates from self sponsored category can apply to the selected institute and can meet the Principal Investigator. They need to share their SOP with them and if they will find the same relevant, they can offer you the PhD under their guidance.
- The last option is to join any project as project assistant and then get extended to pursue PhD in the same. In this case, you may get Scholarship and may not get but you can request for salary. Teaching assistant ship can also support you to manage your expenses.
Further study options
After completing PhD, most of the candidates continue their research work in the form of Post Doctorate degree which is the available option for further studies.
Apart from this, candidates can pursue other short term courses in their related field.
These candidates can work as a Plant Biochemist, Mycologist, Researchers, Ecologist, Fruit Growers, Forester, Administrators, etc. They are ideal for Seed And Nursery Companies, Food Companies, Plant Resources Laboratory, National Parks, etc.
Ph.D Botany Admissions for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Ph.D Botany for the academic year 2018 - 2019? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Ph.D Botany courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.