Click Below Image to Apply for Admissions Now
About M.Phil Botany course
It is a post graduate Botany course. Botany is that branch of Biology which deals with the scientific study of plant life and its development. The course covers a wide range of scientific disciplines that study algae, fungi and higher plants including their structure, reproduction, growth, development, metabolism, chemical properties and plant diseases. This course is a career orienting in nature. A wide range of job scopes are available to the candidates after the completion of the course.
The basic eligibility criteria of M.Phil Botany course is a pass degree in M.Sc Botany with minimum 50% marks.
Generally, the duration of this pre Doctorate degree is of two years which is divided into two semesters. Some institutes also offer this course on a part time basis.
Higher Degree programs
After completing M.Phil Botany course, candidates can go for higher studies such as Ph.D Botany course.
Pay scale in this field is very high but for a botanist, the pay scale varies in the private and government sector.
Essential skills required for M.Phil Botany course
- Candidates should have a clear and concise written and verbal communication skill, be creative in solving problems and a high level of curiosity about the world around them.
- Other essential skills include detail orientation in their work and a good understanding of scientific research.
- They must have a mental stamina for working long hours, good interpersonal skills, the ability to work with microscope and knowledge of computers.
Who is suitable for M.Phil Botany course
Those candidates who are willing to go for teaching fields as a teacher, lecturer or professor in university and colleges both in government as well as private institutions are the most suitable or this course.
Advantages of M.Phil Botany course
- Candidates have good scope of joining Botanical Survey of India, Environmental Protection Agency, etc.
- Men and women trained in Botany can get jobs in drug companies, chemical industries, paper and lumber companies, botanical gardens, horticulturalist, genetic research industry, fruit growers, nurseries, etc.
- Candidates have a lot of demand in plant breeding, plant genetics, plant diseases or research of medicinal plants.
- They can also work as a marketing executive for seed companies, biological supply houses, pharmaceutical manufacturers and biotechnology firms, etc.
M.Phil Botony Admissions for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Phil Botony for the academic year 2018 - 2019? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Phil Botony courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.