- The minimum eligibility criterion of M.Phil Economics is a postgraduate degree in Economics or related discipline.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks in post-graduation and should be from a recognized college or university.
- Those candidates who are in the final year of post graduation and awaiting for their results can also apply to this course.
The duration of M.Phil Economics course is about 2 years, which are divided into four semesters.
Academic option after M.Phil Economics
After completion of M.Phil Economics, the students can pursue Ph.D in Economics. By pursuing Ph.D, they can step into the field of research.
How to get admission in M.Phil Economics
Every university has its own selection process. However, for admission process in M.Phil Economics, the most common criterion is through entrance exam. After entrance exam, some of the institutes conduct group discussion followed by personal interview. Only those candidates who rank high in merit, will be given admission in M.Phil Economics.
Who is suitable for M.Phil Economics
- Those candidates who have a strong understanding of statistical and mathematical analysis methods can excel in this course.
- Those candidates who are good in analytics and can think analytically are a good suit for this course.
- Candidates with a strong background in Economics are ideal for this course.
- Research analysis, performance assessment and critical evaluation are other attributes which go well with this course.
- Those candidates who have a keen interest in economic analysis should look no further than this course.
- Candidates with good communication skills are a good match for this course.
- Students who are good in handling numerical data are perfect for this course.
- Those students who have the ability to make logical recommendations, draw conclusions and extract relevant information are perfect for this course.
In order to gain advantage over other competitors, every organization hires Economics graduates There is abundant of opportunities for Economics graduates in many areas. They can seek a career as a professional economist in data research and analysis. The areas where M.Phil Economics graduates can apply are banks, insurance companies, local authority, multinational companies, finance companies, financial consultancies, investment and health care. The graduates can apply the skills developed during this course to set up their own business and be a successful entrepreneur.
M.Phil Economics Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Phil Economics for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Phil Economics courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.