Every year, after the publication of result of higher secondary examination in West Bengal, the process of admission to B.A. 1st year course starts. Interested candidates are required to apply in the prescribed admission form which may be obtained from the college office by paying necessary fees. Candidates are also requested to check if they fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down in the admission form.
A candidate may apply for more than one Honors subject in separate application forms, but they need not purchase more than one prospectus. Admit card along with original mark sheet are to be produced of the immediately preceding qualifying examination to get an application form and prospectus.
Under grade system, the marks obtained in top four subjects in the immediate qualifying examination are considered to determine the total marks of a candidate.
Under old system, the candidates passing the Higher Secondary or 10+2 examination from the West Bengal council of Higher Secondary Education, the marks obtained in top five subjects are considered to determine their total marks.
- For joining Bachelor’s degree course, the candidates must have completed their 10+2 or its equivalent examination in Arts stream from a recognized Board or University.
- Admission in B.A. Bengali course may vary from college to college. Some colleges conduct entrance examination plus interviews and 12th class percentage for admission of students.
The duration of this degree course is about 3 academic years and it may be provided on a part time basis by certain institutes.
B.A. Bengali course suitability
- Those students who are interested in Bengali language and its related areas are most suitable for this course.
- Those candidates who want to take up teaching as a lecturer or professor in government or private institutes are also suitable for this course.
How is B.A. Bengali course beneficial
- This degree course enables the students to learn Bengali language and its culture and they can get administrative related jobs too.
- Candidates can go for higher degrees such as Masters’ degree in Bengali.
- They can get translating jobs in court and other administrative places.
- They also have the option of opening coaching classes in Bengali language.
B.A Bengali Admissions for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.A Bengali for the academic year 2018 - 2019? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.A Bengali courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.