About M.Sc Botany course
It is a postgraduate Botany course. It is that branch of Biology which involves the scientific study of plant life. The course syllabus is designed in such a way that it imparts the theoretical knowledge along with practical training. This degree course is important and career originating in nature and after the completion of the course, it opens many job scopes for the candidates. The common fields for them are biotechnology, food processing, chemical industry, oil industry, plant health inspection services, forest services, seed and nurseries companies, etc.
The eligibility criteria required for pursuing M.Sc Botany course is a pass degree in B.Sc Botany with a minimum of 40% marks from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of M.Sc Botany course is 2 years which is divided into four semesters.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Botany course
- Candidates having clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, is creative in solving problems and a high level of curiosity about the world around them are perfect for this PG course.
- Candidates having good understanding of scientific methods and the severity of scientific research are perfect for this course.
- Candidates should be detailed oriented in their work and should have mental stamina to work for long hours.
- Candidates who aspire to move to key position in top companies in future should take up this course.
- Other essential skills include the knowledge of working in computers and keep themselves updated with the latest findings in plant science, also to find new discoveries in plant science.
Advantages and benefits of M.Sc Botany course
- They can get jobs in many fields of Botany such as Plant Cytologists, Plant Taxonomists, Plant Genetics, Plant Scientists, Plant Ecologists and Weed Scientists, etc.
- Those who have advance qualification in Botany can pursue their career in academic institution as a teacher, professor or lecturer.
- They can also work as a scientist in various scientific positions or can carry their work as a plant researcher.
- They also have the option to work in Botanical Survey of India or other Government departments.
The pay scale in the field of botanist is very high but it varies for a botanist in the Government sector and private sector. The pay scale depends on many factors such as experience, qualification, designation and skills of an individual.
M.Sc Botany Admissions for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Botany for the academic year 2018 - 2019? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Botany courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.