Ph.D. is a common or abbreviated name for Doctor of Philosophy which is a research-based degree course. It is considered as the highest academic degree in any stream. Ph.D. can be pursued in any field even in theoretical subjects. Ph.D. in Signal Processing is related to the Electronic Engineering and candidates learn about system engineering, applied mathematics, the signal analysis in continuous or discrete time, etc. Signal processing is an advanced technology related to the interpretation and transformation of information. Candidates learn about various signal processing techniques, application of signal processing in sensor systems, imaging systems, and their working, radar, sonar and may more.
Candidates holding Post graduation in Signal Processing specialization are eligible for this course. It can be Master of Engineering or Master of Technology and the course must be pursued from a registered and reputed technical institute. The minimum qualifying marks are 60% or higher and the eligibility criteria regarding age should be checked from the selected institute before submitting your application form.
[Description from merged course]
If you have completed a master’s degree in Physics or a related subject, then you will benefit from this PhD. course. This course incorporates subjects related to communication and signal propagation. All those who wish to work in the field of wireless networks will also benefit from this course. This PhD. course helps the students in learning how they can design devices that transmit radio signals. You will also learn to analyze the signal propagation between devices. You will learn how signals are converted within an electronic hardware. So, all those candidates who want to join any kind of electronic hardware industry can also think of this course. During the coursework period, you will learn about the communication theory and the methods of signal propagation. During the research period, your guide will give you few problems related to signal processing. You will have to solve such problems to get the degree.
For admissions, interested candidates need to submit their duly filled application form before the last date of submission. This application must be enclosed with all other required documents like academic certificate copies, age certificate, application fee, etc.
Entrance examinations are getting conducted for short listing of candidates on the basis of their performance in the same. These can be of national level, state level or even institute level.
Some institutes also accept candidates directly for the self paid degree.
Being a research-based course, the duration is not fixed for this. It varies depending on different factors but ranges between 3 to 5 years in most of the cases. Candidates may get an extension to complete their work with a valid reason which is again subject to the approval from the supervisor.
Further Study options
Post Doctorate degree is the best suitable option for candidates willing to continue their studies after Ph.D. It is again a research-based study and candidates can continue their work as the same they did during Ph.D. but at the advanced level.
Candidates learn about linear systems theory, random processing, DSP algorithms, multimedia signal processing, etc during the initial phase of the course. The latter part includes research work and thesis writing.
These candidates can work as a System engineer, defense engineer, biomedical engineer, information processing engineer, telecommunication engineer, etc very easily. They can also become a scientist and can work in research laboratories.
[Description 2 from merged course]
- The students must complete their master’s degree in science stream. There are some restrictions regarding the field of specialization. You can specialize in either Physics/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering or any other related subject.
- The students must complete their master’s degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Along with all these the students need to clear an entrance examination conducted by the university that is offering a Ph.D Signal processing. If you want to obtain any scholarship in this PhD. course, then you can appear for CSIR or UGC NET or state level SET examination.
Future Job Prospects
- You can become a signal developer. Your job will be to design the methods of smooth signal propagation.
- You can become an FPGA design engineer. Your job will be to design FPGAs and embedded systems.
- You can become a digital signal processing specialist. Your job will be to design new technologies for digital signal processing. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of the hardware you have designed.
- You can become a hardware technology support engineer. Your job will be to analyze the problems of the recent signal processing hardware and propose feasible solutions for them. You will also have to be in charge of the proper maintenance of such devices.
- You can become an assistant professor in either digital signal processing or electronics and communication engineering or any related field. After a few years of experience you will become an associate professor. After another 5-10 years, you can become a professor.
Ph.D Signal Processing Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Ph.D Signal Processing for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Ph.D Signal Processing courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.