This course helps to provide the learner with basic knowledge and skills in library and information studies that helps in efficient collection and management of books, journals, and magazines while ensuring that the information needs of end users or learners are satisfied.
- The basic eligibility criteria to pursue Diploma Library & Information Science course is a pass in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks as English as one of the subject and from a recognized college or university.
- Some universities demand a work experience of about 5 years in a library as one of the criteria for admission.
- Some institutes also conduct an admission test for the aspirants seeking admission to this course.
The minimum duration of Diploma Library & Information Science is about 1 year.
The course aims in training the students in library administration, library organization, library classification, physical bibliography and selection of books.
Nature of Job
A librarian can work in schools, colleges, universities, clubs, public libraries and information centers. They can do a wide range of tasks from management to reader’s advisory to reference work to system development and to information literacy instruction. Librarians have information in all fields and connect people with that information. They can also help people with great literature, great music or great film.
Who should opt for Diploma Library & Information Science course
This course is suitable for those candidates who have a basic interest in books as well as a variety of topics, customer service attitude, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students with Diploma Library & Information Science will be able to find employment as Library Assistant in schools, colleges, universities, clubs, public libraries and information centers.
- After completion of the course, the candidates will be able to utilize the acquired knowledge, competences and practical skills in the organization and management of library books in a coherent manner.
- A good librarian can also help in teaching library science and related topics to the students.
- Candidates also have the option in the planning and coordination of the library’s financial information which is also an important and essential task of a librarian.
- Generally, the remuneration of a librarian depends on the qualification, skills and the organization but he is always well paid.
Diploma Library & Information Science Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Library & Information Science for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Library & Information Science courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.