About M.A Geography course
It is a postgraduate course in Geography. The course includes a thorough study of the physical features of the earth. It is a very important course and job oriented one.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A Geography course is a Graduation degree in Geography Honours or have studied Geography as one of the subject in graduation from a recognized college or university.
- Some colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks as a qualifying criteria to secure admission into this postgraduate course and also conduct entrance examination to shortlist candidates based on the marks secured in the final merit list i.e. sum of total marks in the final exam of graduation and the entrance exam taken together.
The duration of M.A Geography course is about 2 years and the syllabus of which is divided into four semesters.
Skills required for good geographers:
Physically and mentally fit for field work
Good analytical and research skills
Ability to focus and speculate with help of data and maps
Passion for new inventions
Good writing and verbal skills
Good attentive skills.
Advantages or benefits of M.A Geography course
- M.A Geography course serves as a basis of further studies and research in this field such as M.Phil and Ph.D. degree in Geography.
- Candidates can work in various government departments and research institutes.
- Several private sector organizations like remote sensing technology require the services of a qualified geographer.
- They can also take teaching as their career in schools, colleges or universities both in private as well as Government based schools, colleges and universities.
- Geographers can seek placement in research agencies such as population studies, environmental issues and rural development.
- Opening coaching institutes or tutorials can also be one of the career option for Geographers.
- Other options for them where they can have jobs are travel / tourism planning, transportation planning, urban planning, solid waste disposal system, social services and emergency services.
Many career prospects are available for the students of Geography. Candidates can get employed according to their field of specialty such as forest managers in agricultural institutes. Central Government agencies may also take Geography students for mapping and intelligence work in addition to remote sensing interpretation. With more and more experience in Geography field, candidates will be able to earn more.
M.A Geography Admissions for 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A Geography for the academic year 2018 - 2019? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A Geography courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.