The duration of the course is one year, but some institutes offer a quick time course of 8 to 10 months.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam or equivalent from a recognized board.
As part of the curriculum, following topics will be covered:
1. How to use hand skills for print finishing and bookbinding
2. Different techniques of machine fold ( roll folds, slitting for print finishing etc.)
3. Techniques to fold up to sixteen pages using three directional folds for print finishing
4. Techniques to operate a guillotine for printing production
5. Understanding the business and quality principles for printing
6. Techniques to sew books using different styles by hand.
7. Ways to produce loose leaf binders and flush work for bookbinding
8. How to use a manual blocking machine, for bookbinding .
9. How to set up and operate a sewing machine for bookbinding
10. Process to set up and operate a head and tail band and lining machine for bookbinding
After completion of the course, you may seek job as Book binder or Machine Finisher, Folder Operator, Guillotine Operator in Printing industry. You can also set up your own small business.
Certification Binding and Finishing Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification Binding and Finishing for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification Binding and Finishing courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.