It is a post graduate course in Neurology. Neuro Science includes the study the nervous system and neurological disorders in a person. This course is offered by only a few colleges and universities in India.
The candidates willing to pursue M.Sc Neuro Science course should have completed B.Sc from a recognized college or university in the following disciplines in Science stream like Botany, BUMS, B.Sc allied Health Sciences, Biochemistry, B.Sc in Bio Science, Life Science, Physics, Biology, BAMS, BSMS, BHMS, B.Sc Physician Assistant, B.Sc Nursing, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT), BPTH, Biological Sciences and Zoology or professional course such as M.B.B.S.
The marks of admission for this course may vary from university to university. Various colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission to their post graduate course.
The duration of M.Sc Neuro Science course is 2 years which is divided into four semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Some more about the course
M.Sc Neuro Science is the best option for individuals interested in studying nervous system, neurological disorders or brain functions. In this course, the students learn about the working and functioning of nervous system as well as the brain.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Neuro Science course
- The candidates should be able to co-operate effectively with other members of a multi disciplinary team.
- Other essential skills include report writing, good communication skills, good writing skills.
- They should be able to express complex ideas or should be able to deal with very worried patients who have recently been diagnosed with a serious disease.
- They should be able to work independently, computer literate, strong numeracy and knowledge of statistical methods and familiar with using computerized data bases.
Advantages or benefits of M.Sc Neuro Science course
- Interested candidates can go for teaching field after passing necessary exam such as NET. They can become professor or lecturer in both private and government colleges and universities.
- They can apply for the post of medical doctor in government sectors on various designations.
- They can also run their own private clinic / hospital that are form of self employment.
- They can also go for research work after pursuing further studies such as M.Phil, PhD in related field.
- They can also become scientist in the subject of their interest.
M.Sc Neuro-Science Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Neuro-Science for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Neuro-Science courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.