- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Biochemistry degree course is a pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science stream. Some colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 as qualifying criteria to get admission in this degree course.
- Some colleges and institutes also conduct an entrance examination to secure admission in B.Sc Biochemistry degree course. Selection to this degree course is based on the marks secured in the final merit list i.e. total marks secured in final exam of 10+2 and the marks secured in the entrance examination.
Duration of B. Sc Biochemistry degree course is about three years, which is divided into six semesters. This course is an important and career oriented one that opens many job prospects for the degree holders.
B.Sc Biochemistry degree holders can get jobs in the fields of food, pharmaceutical, chemical, bio-products, textiles, medicine, nutrition, environmental conservation, animal sciences, research and development firms, etc.
About the course
B.Sc Biochemistry is an undergraduate program. The candidates study about the chemical processes in living organisms. In Biochemistry course you can study Biophysical Chemistry, Bio-organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Basic Immunology, Virology, Enzymology, etc. This degree course also includes the study of structural and functional components of carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and other bio molecules involved in biological processes such as metabolism, growth, heredity, reproduction, etc. In simple words, B.Sc Biochemistry course covers study of biological processes and the minutest characteristics of organisms.
B.Sc Biochemistry Course Suitability
- Candidates who have a full understanding of relevant texts, who have the ability to understand complex biological processes, engaging in debate, independent thinking, critical and analytical skills and problem solving are the most suitable candidates for this course.
- The students who possess numeracy skills, practical skills, presentation skills, communication skills, basic IT skills, teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, professional skills, developmental skills, self-management skills should opt for this course.
- Candidates who want to do a Master’s degree or want to go for some research work are also capable for this course.
- The students should also possess computer and organizational skills which are a must for this course.
How is B.Sc Biochemistry Course Beneficial
- The candidates pursuing B.Sc Biochemistry course can go for higher studies such as M.Sc, PHD or M. Phil degree. The successful completion of Master’s degree can make the candidates eligible for the post of a lecturer or a professor in any college or university.
- B.Sc Biochemistry degree holders can get many opportunities in some of its specialized fields such as Cell Biology, Bioinformatics, Energy and Metabolism, Development and Disease, Plant Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, etc.
- A degree in B.Sc Biochemistry can help a student in other fields also like dentistry, medicine or veterinary medicine.
B.Sc Biochemistry Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Biochemistry for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Biochemistry courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.