M.D Pathology stands for Doctor of Medicine in Pathology. Typically, M.D Pathology is a 3 years course, the minimum eligibility for which is an M.B.B.S degree.
- The basic qualification for pursuing M.D Pathology course is a pass degree in MBBS degree from All India Institute of Medical Sciences or any other University or equivalent qualification recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India) or any of the State Medical Council.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% is required at the level of post graduation (50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC).
- A rotating internship of 1 year is required to pursue this course.
- Most institutes prefer candidates with work experience preferably a minimum of 12 months of professional experience.
- Admission to this course is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance examination.
The minimum duration of M.D Pathology course is 3 years.
Candidates must have an inclination towards human anatomy, immune pathology etc. to join this course. If the candidates want to diagnose the diseases of patients of various types more effectively and quickly, then M.D. in pathology course is apt for them. This course helps to train physicians and pharmacists in medical biology so that they can interpret and perform the analyses performed in medical laboratories. They must ensure that recommended procedures are followed in collection of samples, processing, registering, reading and interpreting diagnostic tests performed.
Normally, after passing this course, they will get a job in the pathological departments of government or private hospitals. Later on they can join private nursing homes. Candidates can open up their own pathological department and earn a better salary. But they need at least 5-10 years of pathological experience for that. Other than this, they can go for teaching field and teach pathology to the undergraduate students in medical colleges. If they don’t want to go for teaching field, then they can join the forensics laboratory or the mortuary department of the nursing homes. Other than that, they can join private pathological labs as a consultant. Later on they will be promoted as the chief advisor or examiner in the same lab. This is only if they prove to be good enough. So if you are interested, then join M.D Pathology course without much thinking.
M.D Pathology Admissions for 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D Pathology for the academic year 2017 - 2018? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D Pathology courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.