Courses » Science » Marine »
Marine Course Admissions 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
Looking to make a career by travelling the high seas? If you have the knack for those monstrous machines criss-crossing mighty oceans or you intend to see the world by landing at every port of call, then a course in marine engineering will lead to a career which will fulfil your dreams and aspirations.
OverviewEver since the first boat made contact with water thousands of years back, man has always endeavoured to travel across oceans and reach lands never explored before. Until the 19th century, ships used to be propelled by wind power. With industrial revolution and the advent of steam engines, ships started getting propelled by engines. With engines the need for marine engineers also took root. It is worthwhile to note that almost 90% of international trade is through maritime. Other than on a ship, a marine engineer also works in establishing and maintaining offshore oil rigs.
Eligibility and course durationFor pursuing a marine engineering course you need to have passed 12th with science. Bachelor’s degree is the minimum qualification required for a career in this field. Anyone with a bachelor’s degree can opt for a master’s. Bachelor’s degree courses last 4 years, whereas for master’s you need 2 years.
Marine CoursesClick on a course name below to find the list of colleges offering Marine courses in India.
1. B Tech in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
2. B Tech Marine Engineering
3. B Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building
4. B.E Applied Marine Information Tech. & Communication
5. B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering(Marine)
6. B.E Electronics & Communication Engineering (Marine)
7. B.E Harbour Engineering & Offshore Technology
8. B.E Marine Engineering
9. B.E Naval Architecture
10. B.E Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
11. B.E Petroleum and off-shore Engineering
12. B.E. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
13. B.S.Marine Engineering
14. B.Sc Nautical Science
15. B.Tech Marine Engineering
16. B.Tech Marine Engineering Management
17. B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
18. BTech Naval Architecture
19. Diploma Marine Engineering
20. Diploma Nautical Science
21. Diploma Naval Architecture
23. M Tech in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
24. M.Sc Marine and Coastal Studies
25. M.Tech. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering