The words Advice and Advise sound very similar and are often pronounced in exactly the same way too in everyday English conversations. However, you should note that the word advice has the letter 'c', whereas the word Advise has the letter 's'.
Here's a tip on how to pronounce Advice and Advise: For correctly pronouncing the word advice, you should stress on 'ad' (first syllable), whereas when pronouncing the word advise you should stress on 'vise' (second syllable).
1. Advice is a noun
Meanings: recommendation; counsel; suggestion; guidance; opinion; instruction; information.
2. Advise is a verb which means to give advice and has some similar meanings to the word advice.
Meanings: counsel; direct; recommend; give an opinion; inform; make aware; let know; notify; warn [note here that warn here is not an antonym].
Examples of Advice
1. The student visited the free training session to get advice on the MPSC Exams. [here the word advice is used in the context of information or guidance]
2. On the advice of the engineer, Mr. Singh decided not to install air-conditioners in the larger rooms.
3. Pinky took her brother’s advice and chose the commerce stream as she was very good in economics and mathematics subjects.
Examples of Advise
1. All the trekkers were advised to carry light snacks for the road journey to Malshej Ghat.
2. The fishermen were advised to avoid casting their nets in the choppy sea.
3. The boss advised all his staff to avoid the main road due to fallen trees and, instead, leave via the back lane.