Ask Experts » Doctors » General Medicine »

I want to donate my eyes, kidney after my death.

Date: 18 Jun 2009   Group: Doctors    Category: General Medicine   

I want to donate my eyes, kidney after my death.It should help right person. Now I am living in Bangalore, India. Where can I find the good place? What is the procedure? Pls advice me!!!

Author: Santosh Kumar Singh    22 Jun 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Check it out at your nearest Hospital - as to where the Foundation like , Kidney , eyes , liver Other organs etc are located and you can pledge your organs upon death. You will be given a consent approved card , denoting your blood group and any other deficiency you carry , which you have to carry with you at all times
or
You can be an organ donor. You do it through your local DMV. Just go up there and say you want to update your information on your license and you want to become an organ donor, and they will give you information on how to complete all of that. Not sure if it works the same way in India, but that is how most places do it.

Author: E Mangala    20 Jul 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Hi
I should first appreciate for your good heart.

For donating your eyes, please note the following:

1. Contact the nearest eye collection centre or an eye bank which may be usually located in a medical college or an eye hospital.

2. Contact either through phone or a personal visit and register your pledge.

3. Get an Eye donation card.

4. The eyes of any dead person who has not registered can also donate with the consent of his or her relatives by law.

5. Anybody from the age of 1 yr can donate.

6. No upper age limit for donation.

7. Persons wearing spectacles, those who had undergone cataract surgery, Diabetic persons, hypertensives can also donate their eyes.

For donating kidney since you live in Bangalore you can just contact Manipal Hospital.

Author: UltimateRengan    20 Jul 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Hi Friend,
Thanks for your good decision.Contact your nearest hospital

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "I want to donate my eyes, kidney after my death."

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem I want to donate my eyes, kidney after my death.

Next Question: During Chemo therapy
Previous Question: body height