How to prepare for seminar?

Date: 20 Jun 2009   Posted By: RAJALEKSHMI     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am doing my ECE second year. guide me how to prepare for seminar

Author: rajat jain    20 Jun 2009      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

in order to prepare for seminar, do the following :-
1 - google the subject on which u are requried to give seminar extensively.
2 - prepare a raw data of the content.
3 - now manipulate data according to requirements, and develop powerpoint slides.
4 - now try to explain each slide as you progress through the slide show.

thats it , then just hv a thirst quencher

Author: ramkumar    20 Jun 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I have listed by approach to prepare for a seminar

1. Choose your topic and collect data for the same.
2. While collecting data don’t forget to refer Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/)
3. Select a theme for your presentation (Better to google powerpoint presentation themes)
4. It’s better to select theme relevant to your topic.
5. Now categorize the content which you have and prepare Table of contents.
6. “First Impression is the best impression”, so prepare your first slide very carefully and it’s better to have some relevant image.
7. Avoid paragraphs; try to tell your points in bulleted form.
8. Replace your text with some relevant images wherever possible.
9. Your last slide should be expressing “Thanks”. Even in this place you can add some image which will express Thanks in a better manner.

Thanks
Ram Kumar

Author: Krishna Chaitanya Yeleswarapu    20 Jun 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

hi miss Rajalakshmi,

I`m glad to see an upcoming engineer here in this forum.It`s good to this of seminars right now in this second year.

Presenting a seminar and paper presentation is an easy task.First you must have a clear cut idea about the topic you choose.For this purpose take the help of your lecturers and professors along with your best friend that is Internet.
Next you must get perfect with the concept and frame your own words which can be understood easily by each and every student.Make your accent perfect.
now get rid of stage fear if you have any.You can just get rid of the stage fear by participating in more number of activities one by one.It is the only way to kill the stage fear which is an important disease that is killing the good chances of present day students.
now start with your Introduction first then with the concept.Next carry on to the main body of the concept and then to the conclusion part.Now just ask your friends and judges who sat in front of you for doubts about the concept.you must a good grip in the concept in order to face this section.

I said all these things with my experience in the reputed engineering colleges such as BITS Goa and NIT Trichy where I had given paper presentations.

All the Best.

Best Regards,
krish_Prince.

Author: Mohsinali    16 Aug 2009      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 12  (Rs 8)    Voting Score: 0

2. While collecting data don't forget to refer Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/)
4. It's better to select theme relevant to your topic.
6. "First Impression is the best impression", so prepare your first slide very carefully and it's better to have some relevant image.
9. Your last slide should be expressing "Thanks". Even in this place you can add some image which will express Thanks in a better manner.
All the Best.
Best Regards,

Author: Ravi Mathur    17 Aug 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The preparation for a seminar can be do better by the person only who know many thing about the subject of seminar for which seminar is arranged & the person can advice or suggest to member of seminar about the topic, for which seminar is arranged.