Ask Experts » Doctors » Ayurveda »

Proven home cure for myopia

Date: 10 May 2010   Group: Doctors    Category: Ayurveda   

I'm suffering from myopia but I don't want to wear specs,Is there any working home remedy that could solve my problem?

Author: Dr Sachine (Eye Retina Surgeon)    15 May 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 10  (Rs 8)    Voting Score: 0

There is no home remedy that can solve your problem. many people will suggest you some eye exercise, balanced diet, etc. This will help in improving general health of eyes but spects power will not reduce.
Take all precautions while using PC. This will reduce eye strain & minor variations in spects power.
Myopia is genetically determined ( but sporadic cases do occur)& power will not reduce with home remedy. Eye is elongated or corneal / lens shape is altered in myopia. Whether your parents have myopia? If yes, your power is likely to increase up to 18 years?
Home remedy can help in reducing eye strain but glass power will not reduce. I will suggest 1 exercise. Hold pen at arm's length. Look at pen tip. Slowly bring pen closer to face. Stop as soon as you see 2 images. This is called " convergence exercise".
What is your age? Myopia is known to increase till age of 18 years as body grows. You wear contact lens or glasses if your age is less than 18 years.
You can wear contact lens or undergo LASIK (if you are above 18 years).
If your eyes are suitable, you can undergo LASIK. Corneal pachymetry should show that cornea thickness is adequate.
Read more-
LASIK
Contact lens -Indications & problems
Get your retina checked as myopia is known to cause retina problems like lattice degeneration, retinal hole, retina detachment.
Dr Sachin retina specialist- drsrb1@gmail.com 9047092201

Author: Nalini    18 May 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 8  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Myopia may cause due to lack of execrice to ur eye ball .the image falls a bit side ot retina rather than directly into it

The Following things may help u not to increase the power

1.Early in the morning after washing your face go out and watch the raising sun (between 6-00Am to 6-30 Am) for 3 to 5 minutes

2. Sit on a mat and start doing Eye ball Exercise for this
keep ur face in straight position and see upwords as much as u can for 5 sec and down words came to the normal position take long breath
3. now from the normal position see to your right asmuch as u can with out moving your face do with the left side too come to normal position and take long breath

4. now rub you hands untill they become luke warm and cover your eyes by closing them keep hands for 5 sec take long breath and repeat it for 3 times

5.by doing the above you can relax your eyes

While working with computer/b>

1. see for every 15 minutes close your eyes for 5 seconds watch around your sorroundings and start woring again
  2. do the same while watching TV too

Food Habits

1. take atleast on glass of milk
  2. Eat goose berry if available or take chutny of it aatleast thrice in a weak

Following the above will avoid pain and strain to your eyes leaving them relaxed

Author: Jayanta Datta Choudhury    12 Jun 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Dear Doctor,

I am fully convinced with your valued advices as a professional.

I agree with your comment that there is no home cure in myopia problem in vision.

But furthur rapid detoriorations of vision can be controlled through some exercises.

For more than 20 to 25 years I am doing routine eyes exercises in the early morning along with physical exercises.Uptill now I am getting good results to keep my visions and any eye problems almost in normal condition.

The following routine eye exercises which I am continuing are:

1.I keep my look for at least 30 minutes daily to the green trees from a distance of 10 to 15 fts and breathing fresh air.

2.Then I rotate my eye balls in clockwise and anticlockwise directions 5 times in each directions.

Then I move my eye balls 5 times each in right and left directios with tolerable stretching limit.

After that 5 times up and down.

Then I stretch my right hand forward parallel to groung level.Then I put my vision of both the eyes on the tip of fore finger and move tip of finger slowly towards my forehead converging both the eye balls towards finger tip.This process to be repeated for 5 times.

I use computers daily for at least for 5-6 hours since last 10 years.

Your advice for intermittent rests during working time on computer is the nice advice to follow to give rest to eyes.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Proven home cure for myopia"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Proven home cure for myopia

Next Question: Stomach is full of fat
Previous Question: Medicine to make lean body to muscular body