Ask Experts » Doctors » Mental Health »

How to improve memory power?

Date: 19 Jul 2010   Group: Doctors    Category: Mental Health   

I forget the things & the things to do. Recently, I forget to sign on the cheque, which is to be deposited in my bank account. This is the big deal for me. At my childhood, I usually forget my water-bottle, pen, etc. But now it's getting harsh. Is there any medicine/yoga/exercise to improve memory power.

Author: DR.N.V.SRINIVASA RAO.,M.Sc.,Ph.D    25 Jul 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In ayurveda there are two medicines which will improve memory power.

1. Saraswati Lehyam

2.Brahmi Tilam.

The first one is like a paste . Daily morning and evening,you have to take about 5 grams each time.

The second one is an oil. Daily this is to be applied to your head once.

These two medicines are being made by 'Venkateswara Ayurveda Nilayam' a very famous establishment situated at Chintaluru of East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh.

Many people I know who has used them continuosly for six months and improved their memory power.

Wish you all the best.

Author: urvashi    27 Jul 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

you should do around 12 minutes of meditation daily.
Kundalini yoga can also help you.this kind of yoga is designed to help the mind focus and become sharper.you should also perform shirshana and sarvangasana and pranayam.
yoga calms the mind and improves concentration. before doing yoga take some classes of the perfoming proper yoga.
you can also get some information in this site

Reference: www.theholisticcare.com

Author: Muthu Kumar    27 Jul 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Hello,

Now a day's people in all age are suffering due to this problem. Pressure work, Mental tension, physical and mental weakness are the main reason for these memory loss.
Don't use medicine for this memory loss. We all know there are so many side effects are there in these types of medicine. Yogas are the best way to improve your memory
Yogas like

YOGA ASANA
Yoga Asana Gives you both Physical and mental strength

SARVANGASANA
Sarvangasana supplies pure blood to the brain. It increase the memory power.

BHUJANGASANA
Bhujangasana cures backache, slip disc, cervical spondalitis and other spinal problems and also improves the memory power.

PRANAYAMA
Pranayama improve the memory power and cure forgetfulness.

KAPALBHATI PRANAYAMA
Kapalbhati Pranayama increases the blood circulation in the brain and removes blood clots thereby improving the memory power.

BHASTRIKA PRANAYAM
Brahmari Pranayama mind become stable, nervous weakness is cured and memory power improves.

BRAHMARI PRANAYAMA
Brahmari Pranayama cures brain generated problems, tension, worries, anger, sleeplessness, depression and other problems and improves the memory power.

OMKAR CHANTING
Omkar Chanting improves the memory power and also increases the mental strengths.

These are some yogas helps you to get away from this problem.

S.Muthu Kumar
Join Computer Tips & Tricks

Author: MONOJIT SEAL    28 Jul 2010      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hello,
Memory is a connection of new thoughts. It is a formation of new associations with those that are already stored in brain.
There are many methods of retaining it. Some of the methods are given below:
1. CONSCIOUS ASSOCIATION: Try to connect new informations with something u already know.

2. MENTAL IMAGING/VISUALISATION:Hearing makes us learn but imaging the same helps in retaining memory. Try to convert whatever you want to remember into pictures & try to visualize it.

3. ACRONYM: First letter of each word. Try to form a word with first letter of those words you want to remember.

4. OVER LEARNING: Spend a little more time in recognisinging ur work.

The most important thing is that you practice it. As told by a great person, "We are what & where we are because we have first imagined it."

Hope it will help you...

Author: Richa Jha    28 Jul 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In today's world we used to forget things very fast because of our mental ability. Everybody has different mental ability. Some learn things fast some learn slow. In todays world we can't afford it because of competition. It's our important requirement to learn things as much as we can.

Best way to improve your memory is to use as much as you can. Do mental exercises, medication, play some mental games.
If things are interesting we can remember it easily without any restrain.

I used to have same problem but from last few years I started writing about my schedule, about my daily movement, some special thing which make me happy. It help me to regain my memory a lot again. It help me to remember every small thing. It really works.

If you are a shy person then maintain diary. Always keep it along with you. Write something special about yourself about your environment, about your trips. But try to avoid writing about personal things. Because as far as I know shy people don't like that other will read their stuff.

I am sure this will help you a lot.

Author: [Anonymous]    28 Jul 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

HI VIJAY KUMAR,
REMEMBER FIRST YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT YOUR FORGETNESS.
THAT WILL BE REMOVE FROM YOUR MIND.
DO THE YOGA FOR IMPROVING YOUR CONCERTATION.THEN DO ONE THING EAT ONE SPOON PURE HOONEY EVEVRY DAY.IT WILL HELP YOU TO IMPROVING YOUE MEMORY POWER.
OK TAKE CARE.
SPREAD SMILE.

Author: Pranav chougule    29 Jul 2010      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi friend,
For improving the memory power use the following technique,

Mediation technique

Contemplation is all about ruling you mind very than being controlled by it.
It is hard to directly approach the intellect and tame it, so we start by appealing to the closest display of it- breath.
It can be viewed that when we have tremendous attention we are not breathing as regularly, as well as when distress gulp shallow as well as swift.
How to do it
Start by appropriate awake of your gulp.
With each role model pay care to the air coming in you right nostril (air will come in both, but center on the review of air in the right side)
Use and pay concentration to the article leaving your left anterior narks.
Breathe in as well as pay concentration to air coming in the left nostril
Exhale as well as pay concentration to air departing the right anterior narks.
Then breath gaping as well as feel the air in both sides rise up to the end of your nose(like an upside-down V ),
as well as thrust it all out(feeling both sides).
This is one circle, you can do up to 100 in a day.
It is a easy game to put by the mind busy(if you lose way on number re-start), and off the belongings it can't alteration with worry(realistically everything).
Like you get best at this you'll be capable to recognize a room mid your ideas. Like that consciousness intensifies you'll feel a peace when it stands up. As well as soon you should be able to recognize yourself as that silence very than your mind, in consequence all you want will be definitely completed.
"Good Luck"

Author: Krishnamoorthy    29 Aug 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

hello friend,
forgetting is a common problem eveyone is crossing through this but sometime it costs more. My suggestion is that first of all you should not worry about anything. One thing I want to tell you that I am forgetting things more than you, still I am ok. If you give more stress on brain that will lead to impatience. Be extra cautious while taking important tasks. Always try to review your task once again.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "How to improve memory power?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem How to improve memory power?

Next Question: Mental Stress
Previous Question: Mental problem