Handling LPG cylinder
Date: 18 Sep 2010 Posted By:
What are the precautions to be taken while handling LPG cylinder at home.
and make money!
View All Answers:
19 Sep 2010 Member Level:
Points : 6 (
This is the good question and we must take the following precautions while handling LPG Cylinder at Home:
1. Before taking delivery of Refill Gas Cylinder, we must check the Expiry month of each Gas Cylinder. The expiry period of the cylinder is always mention as:
a) Meaning of A-12
A-12 means the expiry date of the cylinder is 01/01/2012 TO 31/03/2012.
b) Meaning of B-15
B-15 means the expiry date of the cylinder is 01/04/2015 TO 30/06/2015.
c) Meaning of C-14
C-14 means the expiry date of the cylinder is 01/07/2014 TO 30/09/2014.
d) Meaning of D-11
D-11 means the expiry date of the cylinder is 01/10/2011 TO 31/12/2011.
2. Always check the correct net weight of gas cylinder, as mentioned on it.
3. Please close all electrical items as they can make spark to avoid fire. Always check the smell of gas after placing the ragulator on it. If you got any smell then you must unplug to regulator then you can change rubber inside the gas cylender is properly fit, if not then you need to replace it and call the service person. Till that time you must cover the gas cylinder with plastic cover which always come with gas cylinder.
4. We must check the condition of gas pipe. It must be replace once in a year.
5. Always use ISI mark items like Gas Stove, Ragulator and Gas Pipe.
6. Gas Cylinder must be kept in open place.
With best regards
20 Sep 2010 Member Level:
Points : 7 (
1.Check to see that rubber 'O' ring inside the cylinder valve is present
2.Check for any visible signs of leakage - through visual inspection, soap solution or smell
3.Never use lighted match-sticks for checking leaks
4.Always keep the cylinder in upright position at ground level at a well ventilated place
5.Do not install the LPG cylinder in the cabinet
6.The LPG stove must always be installed on kitchen slab at height above the cylinder
7.The cylinder must be kept away from other sources of heat
1.Close the regulator knob to 'OFF' position when cylinder is not in use
2.The empty cylinders must be stored in a cool and well ventilated place with safety cap put ON
In case of Leak
1.Do not Panic
2.Do not Switch On or Switch Off any electrical appliances in the room
3.Isolate main electrical supply from the outside only
4.Extinguish all flames, lamps, incense sticks, etc
5.Close the appliance and LPG regulator
6.Put On the Safety Cap on the cylinder
7.Open all Doors & Windows for ventilation
8.Never use an electric fan for ventilation
9.Call your Gas dealer / Company for help
20 Sep 2010 Member Level:
Points : 2 (
Handling any highly inflamable is very important. LPG is one of them. simple rules to follow.
- Always keep it in lock and key and never allow children access to it.
- Keep it outside. Many buildings do provide this facility.
- Keep in shade. No direct sunlight exposure should be there.
- Check for smell or leakage and take immediate action to solve the problem.
Jayanta Datta Choudhury
06 Oct 2010 Member Level:
Points : 12 (
# Rubber tube of LPG gas cylinder:
1. The rubber tube must be of approved quality bearing ISI mark.
2. Rubber tubes must be kept without any cover to facilitate regular visual and physical checking for any cracks or damages.
3. Such rubber tube should be with maximum length of 1.5 meters.
4. Rubber tube should be place at accessible distance for regular inspection and checking.
5. It is important to keep rubber tube at the safe distance from heat and fire.
6. Care should be taken to fit the rubber tube perfectly in the oven nozzle.
7. The rubber should never be kept looped or twisted.
8. Always clean the rubber tube with wet cloth without any types of soap or detergent.
9. Replace the rubber tube at least at an interval of 2 years.
# LPG pressure regulator:
The pressure regulator plays an important function to prevent leakage of gas and hence it is important to follow some safety rules while using LPG gas cylinder:
1. After cooking or using gas oven it is mandatory to keep the Regulator in off position to avoid any leakage of gas.
2. In case of any defects in the pressure regulator or any parts or the cylinder you should not try to repair it instead should call the authorized person to attend the defects, if any.
# Other precautions while using LPG gas oven:
1. Avoid wear synthetic cloth while cooking. It is recommended to wear cotton cloth and apron.
2. Keep children at safe distance from the burning LPG stove to prevent any fire hazards.
3. Never leave the cooking place or oven keeping the burner on which may cause over flow of cooking materials resulting choking of gas oven and subsequent leakage of gas.
4. Any plastic and other flammable items should not be kept near the burning flames to prevent any fire hazards.
5. Unused or standby LPG gas cylinder should be kept in secured position putting the safety cap.
6. Always keep kitchen room well ventilated. During cooking doors and windows should kept open
7. Don't use candle at time of cooking during power shedding or failure.
Post answer or solution to "Handling LPG cylinder"
from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by posting valid answers for this question.
to post a response.
Too much salt.
How to cook Bitter Gourd
Why is a Pizza box, in the shape of square when pizza inside is circular?
How to make Shahi Paneer?
How to prepare briyani powder
Mughlai cream paneer
How to take out butter from cream using Mixer.
How to make Malai Kofta
Return to Question Index
Ask Question to Experts
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.