Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Lost my original land document

Date: 05 Oct 2010   Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law    Posted By: [Anonymous]   

I am in need of money so I decided to sell my land in Chennai but I have lost my land document. Please let me know if the buyer will buy with the duplicate copy.

Find Answers

Author: vidya pawar    15 Oct 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0


Yes, buyer will buy your property though you will have duplicate copy of the land documents because that copy will be issued by the registration office of your area. To get the certified duplicate copy of the document you have to go through following procedure:
1. file the compliant to nearest police station about lost of property documents. Get the copy of FIR
2. give public notice in the local news paper. Here, you have to take help of any local lawyer for preparing public notice.
3. apply to concerned registration office for certified duplicate copy of the document. Attaché your identity proof, FIR and some other old documents proving that land is owned by you for eg. Electricity bill or water bill etc.

Best regards,

Author: Komal Sood    15 Oct 2010      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0


Do not worry. If you have lost your original documents then you should make a police report. You can get a copy of FIR and then you can apply for a duplicate copies of the land documents. If your land is in the municipal limits then you can obtains TS-1 certificate from corporation. Otherwise you can visit to the Patwari of your land (area). He can give you a copy of Furd. With this you can get easily the duplicate registration of the land.

With best regards

Dinesh Sood

Author: [Anonymous]    16 Oct 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thank you Vidya and Dinesh.
Author: deepti ahuja    02 Dec 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Yes, buyer will buy your property though you will have duplicate copy of the land documents because that copy will be issued by the registration office of your area. And to get duplicate copy, first, file a police complaint and then go for a public notice in 1 English newspaper and 1 local newspaper. Now,in case, you have lost documents like Khata Certificate, Mutation Registrar, etc then you can apply to the revenue officer and collect the same. But if you have lost the originals sale deeds and old title deeds then apply for a certified copy. And also, ask your builder to provide you the copy of allotment, receipts and letters. I am sure it must be sounding a very complicated task to you. Believe is indeed quite complicated as I've been through similar situation. I really had a tough time getting duplicate copy and was wishing for some service that would have managed my documents. Hey, You know what..i just came across this page on facebook 'clip to click', where members were discussing about launch of some service that would provide facility of individual document management.

Post answer or solution to "Lost my original land document"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Lost my original land document

You must Sign In to post a response.

Next Question: Problem in vasiyat registeration
Previous Question: BSES cheated
Return to Question Index
Ask Question to Expert
Category: Indian Law

Related Questions
Popular Tags   What are tags ?   Search Tags  

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.