You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Indian Law
Yes, buyer will buy your property though you will have duplicate copy of the land documents because that copy will be issued by the registration office of your area. To get the certified duplicate copy of the document you have to go through following procedure:
1. file the compliant to nearest police station about lost of property documents. Get the copy of FIR
2. give public notice in the local news paper. Here, you have to take help of any local lawyer for preparing public notice.
3. apply to concerned registration office for certified duplicate copy of the document. Attaché your identity proof, FIR and some other old documents proving that land is owned by you for eg. Electricity bill or water bill etc.
Do not worry. If you have lost your original documents then you should make a police report. You can get a copy of FIR and then you can apply for a duplicate copies of the land documents. If your land is in the municipal limits then you can obtains TS-1 certificate from corporation. Otherwise you can visit to the Patwari of your land (area). He can give you a copy of Furd. With this you can get easily the duplicate registration of the land.
With best regards
- #54045Thank you Vidya and Dinesh.
Tips for Healthy Life
- #57521Yes, buyer will buy your property though you will have duplicate copy of the land documents because that copy will be issued by the registration office of your area. And to get duplicate copy, first, file a police complaint and then go for a public notice in 1 English newspaper and 1 local newspaper. Now,in case, you have lost documents like Khata Certificate, Mutation Registrar, etc then you can apply to the revenue officer and collect the same. But if you have lost the originals sale deeds and old title deeds then apply for a certified copy. And also, ask your builder to provide you the copy of allotment, receipts and letters. I am sure it must be sounding a very complicated task to you. Believe me..it is indeed quite complicated as I've been through similar situation. I really had a tough time getting duplicate copy and was wishing for some service that would have managed my documents. Hey, You know what..i just came across this page on facebook 'clip to click', where members were discussing about launch of some service that would provide facility of individual document management.