Mahila Mandalas are voluntary service organizations which work for the betterment of the women in the villages of India. These rural women are interested in working together with the help of Gram Sevikas, Mukhya Sevikas, Supervisor, and Program Officer.
This comes under the ministry of Women and Child Development and is in the custody of the state government. These women work for the betterment of other women and children who need Nutrition education, family welfare, food storage and help them also in immunization of children, small saving accounts of women, provision of bathrooms, smokeless chulhas, women crafts centre, and balwadis.
Registered Mahila Mandals have representatives across all sections of the society and they can have an executive committee upto 5 members. The government pays them an amount for the training of upto 5 members of each new mandal and also pays for the basic equipments and stationery etc.
The Objectives of these Mahila mandalas are
1. to make women self reliant and conscious of their human and constitutional rights and to put pressure on the state for fulfilling its obligation towards its people.
2. To nurture women's physical and emotional health.
3. To provide vocational training and credit facilities to women for self-employment.
4. To create a sustainable and humane mode of development through people's active involvement in rural Maharashtra.
5. To create a progressive space in society for all its deprived people, and to specifically resist casteism, sexism, religious chauvinism and homophobia.
6. To work towards the elimination of discrimination, inequality, intolerance and violence - both, within and outside the home.
7. To work towards the creation of a society based on equality, freedom, democracy, diversity and peace.
In short, the Government has started these programs to improve the life of rural women who do not have education and are illiterate. If the women are educated their life and their children will also improve and through that our country.
In mahila mandal ladies come,njoy ,discuss their ideas without any kind of descrimination...all are treated equally..they start their own sosial project in view of their benfit or also to the area they belong to..in many villages they start a committie in which they contribute to it n than buy thngs of common interest..in other case they may also sart a policy..where they invest money..n nyone in need can use that one..
so in the end i can summariz Mahila Mandal as a gud attempt by the ppl for the welfare of our societies..