Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

Can Saffron flower and milk adds fairness to baby?

Date: 12 Nov 2010   Posted By: aaru     Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

Can Saffron Flower and milk drunk by pregnant women continuously lead to a fair baby?

Author: Babu Neelakandan    21 Nov 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 2

Dear,

Many people believe that it makes the unborn child fair,but it is not true. It s just a myth that saffron with milk is helpful to get a fair baby. There is no evidence to make certain this strong belief.

According to Doctors, saffron does not make any difference in baby's skin colour and it depends upon the cells already developed.

The saffron with milk is good for pregnant women.It helps to improve digestion as during pregnancy,digestion is slow..It depends on genetics.

Heredity plays a big role in what your child will look like.

If you and your husband are fair,then you will likely have a fair child. If you take too much saffron because it increase the heat in the body.

Thanks
Babu

Author: Vinodh Kumar    16 Dec 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Milk and saffron are good to you and baby.because milk has rich proteins and calcium which is really necessary to the baby in womb.

your baby will be healthy with this milk and saffron.and even fruits may help your baby to get fairer skin.

Reference: www.woyswer.com/beauty

Author: Sushila S Iyengar    16 Dec 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

I feel it is just a myth. Because, when I was pregnant, throughout my pregnancy, I had milk with good quality of saffron strands every day. But, when I delivered a baby girl, I never find any change in her complexion. She is of the same complexion as mine.

Sine most of us believe in myth and superstitious things, finally I had to console myself, saying that had I not taken saffron strands mixed in milk, the complexion of my baby's skin might be darker than the one when she was born.

Author: SUPARNA    17 Dec 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hi friend,

I think saffron and milk would help to get a better complexion. It's a practise from the earlier days. And I don't feel it is just a myth.

With regards,

Sathya

Author: amritha    21 Dec 2010      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

SOME BELIEVE IN THIS . IT DEPENDS ON EACH AND EVERY GENES. YAH BUT HAVE LOTS OF POMEGRANATE JUICE . THIS HELPS TO IMPROVE BABIES COMPLEXION.