Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Qualification required for the post of lecturer

Date: 23 Nov 2010   Posted By: harpreet singh     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I want to know that what is the minimum qualification requirement of a lecturer in engg. college. Is MTech UGC approved is eligible for the lecturer or Mtech AICTE appoved is required for the post of lecturer in engg technology

Author: KVRR    23 Nov 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The All India Council for Technical Education is the advisory and statutory body established for the quality and development of the Technical Education in the country.All the technical institutions are to be approved by the A.I.C.T.E.

The University Grants Commission deals with higher education, but not the technical education.

A Master's degree in Technology from an A.I.C.T.E. approved institute is required for the post of lecturer in an engineering college.

Author: raj    23 Nov 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0


According to AICTE a lecturer in engineering college should have M.Tech or M.S degree. But there is relaxation for branches like Architecture. I am attaching the the qualification criteria for architecture


Author: Megha     09 Dec 2010      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

To join some engineering College as a lecturer, the candidate must be an M-TECH from some educational institute approved by A.I.C.T.E. As AICTE is the responsible board for technical education. Whereas UGC approved post graduation would be require if you want to teach in MCA/ BCA/ B.Sc collges.
Moreover if you have some additional experience then you will get the chance with much ease.

Author: deepa    15 Dec 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hai friend

If you want to be a lecturer, You must complete your master degree in the concerned field.

Also try to register doctorate as soon as possible.This will help you to get higher salary.

Then attend the NET and SLET exams.This would help you to get a job in government college.

More over develop your interest in learning because once you enter into this profession, you have to study throughout your life to update your knowledge.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Asha Kurian
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.