- Category: Cooking Queries
- #58446You can have the following dishes for chapatis.
1. Palak Alu
2. Palak Paneer
3. Channa Masala
4. Dal Fry
5. Alu Kurma
6. Navaratan Dal
7. Any curry with gravy is well suited for Chapatis
You can get how to prepare these curries in website
- #58712Hi friend,
Here are as some chapati side dishes
5. dal fry
6. palak alu
7. palak paneer
8. tomato curry
9. paneer butter masala
10. vegetable stu
non-veg side dishes
- #58743Above all,try the following.
Ingredients: Chopped green chillis (in medium size)- 1.5 cup
Tamarind paste: 4 spoon
jaggery(optional)- 1 spoon
asafotida- 2 pinches
fenugreek seeds-1/2 sppon
turmeric powder - 1 spoon
salt - 1 teaspoon
sesame or gingly oil - 1/4 cup
Put a fry pan in stove, fry the fenugreek seeds till brown without oil and keep aside in a plate. grind the fenugreek and jaggery to fine powder.
heat some oil in the pan put the chopped chillis and saute for a minute. Add tamarind paste with little water. on boiling add asafotida,grinded fenugreek powder,turmeric powder and salt.
After boiling the mixture for 20 minutes put the remaiing oil and let the mixture boil for more 5 minutes. keep this in a jar and use for chappatis/pooris -aha!
- #62240Hai friend,
If you are a non vegetarian, then eggs serve the best side dish for chappathis.
Side Dish : Egg butter masala
Eggs - 4
Onions - 2
Tomato - 1
Chilly powder, Turmeric powder
Urud dal, Saunf
Salt to taste.
1. Beat four eggs in a bowl with a little salt.
2. Boil in steam. Turn the bowl upside down on a plate. Cut the boiled egg into cubes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and add urud dal and saunf.
4. Add butter and heat till it melts. Add chopped onions and fry till they become golden brown. Add one finely cut tomato and fry for two to three minutes.
5. Now add a little turmeric powder chilly powder and salt according to your taste.
6. Add a little water and boil till water evaporates.
7. Now add the egg cubes and fry for a while.
Delicious Egg butter masala is ready to serve. Garnish with slices of lemon and onion.
- #66061Hi Friend,
Try this easy and tasty side dish for chappathis it will suit well and it is the best side dish preferred by the South Indians. It is called as Tomato gravy or Thakkali Thokku in tamil.
1. Onion - 3 nos
2. Tomato - 4 nos
3. Chilli powder - 2 tsps
4. Coriander powder - 4 tsps
5. Garlic - 5 to 6 nicely ground
6. Ginger - small piece finely chopped
7. Green chillies - 2 nos
8. Salt to taste
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Curry leaves - a sprig
11. Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
12. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
13. Split blackgram dal - 1 tsp
1. In a kadai add some oil and to this add mustard seeds and black gram dal, wait till the dal turns light brown.
2. Now add finely chopped onions, cllies, garlic, ginger ad curry leaves and fry till the onion looks transparrent.
3. Next add tomatoes to the above and stir fry till it blends well.
4. Now add all the powders and then add salt and water, close and wait till it gets cooked.
5. Wait till you get a thick colourful gravy, let the oil separate from the mixture.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Try this you really love it.
Tips for Healthy Life
Chicken gravy is best pair for chapati as a non-vegetarian
chicken - 1/4 kg (cut into mini pieces)
onion paste - 1(big)
Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
Tomato chopped - 1 (big)
Chilly powder - 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Curd - 1/2 bowl
Chopped corriander - 1/2 mini bowl
oil - To fry
Salt - For taste
In the pan add oil and add onion paste fry it till brown(3-4 minutes).Add ginger and garlic paste at the same time and fry for 4 minutes and add chopped tomato and fry for 4-5 minutes.After that add coriander powder,chilly powder and garam masala powder and little salt to gravy alone and fry for 4 minutes.When you smell nice aroma, add the mini pieces of chicken and add curd and salt for chicken to it and let mix it all well and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.Switch of the fire.Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and close the pan with tight lid.You will get a aromic Chapati side dish.
- #143327The status of this response is Pending and require some modification by the author.hi friend
chapatti is a major food item of India. so many varieties of side dish is made for chapatti. vegetarians and non vegetarians are eat chapatti so both veg and non side has different kinds of side dishes.
1. potato curry.
2. palak paneer.
3. tomato curry.
4. dal curry.
7. Gobi Manchurian.
8. white chenna masala.
9. black chenna masala.
10. veg paneer kurma.
1. chicken curry.
2. pepper chicken.
3. chilly chicken.
4. chicken 65.
5. mutton kurma.
6. chicken kurma.
7. butter chicken.
8. paneer chicken.
these are some of the side dish for chapatti.
- #143525The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.Since you have not asked for a specific recipe or mentioned specific ingredients I am providing general tips on how to prepare vegetable dishes. These tips will work for most vegetables, dals, channa/chola and rajma etc. If you have specific ingredients in mind then specific recipes can be provided to you.
This thread will be reviewed shortly.
If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
Every dish that you prepare will require a few basic ingredients. These are -
3. Chilli powder
4. Turmeric powder
5. Coriander powder
8, Main ingredient
Some other items that some dishes require are -
1. Ginger and garlic paste
2. Green chillies
3. Coriander sprigs
The first step would be to ready the vegetables that you are cooking. Wash, clean and chop. If it is a pulse, then clean, wash and soak for a while.
Heat oil - add sliced or diced onions, wait for them to turn brown. Add powdered masalas and salt, add ginger garlic paste at this point. Add a little water and fry till oil separates. Add tomatoes and fry again, until they are pulpy. Add veggies or pulses and cook.
This is a very basic method adopted for cooking. The methods can become elaborate, based on what is being cooked.
Underestimate me...that'll be fun!