Ask Experts » Home » Cooking Queries »
Different types of Chappathi side dishes
Date: 15 Dec 2010 Posted By: nithishan
Group: Home Category: Cooking Queries
How to make different varieties of chappathi side dishes
|Author: M S KAMESWARI 15 Dec 2010 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
You can have the following dishes for chapatis.
1. Palak Alu
2. Palak Paneer
3. Channa Masala
4. Dal Fry
5. Alu Kurma
6. Navaratan Dal
7. Any curry with gravy is well suited for Chapatis
You can get how to prepare these curries in website
|Author: SUPARNA 17 Dec 2010 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Here are as some chapati side dishes
5. dal fry
6. palak alu
7. palak paneer
8. tomato curry
9. paneer butter masala
10. vegetable stu
non-veg side dishes
|Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman 17 Dec 2010 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Above all,try the following.
Ingredients: Chopped green chillis (in medium size)- 1.5 cup
Tamarind paste: 4 spoon
jaggery(optional)- 1 spoon
asafotida- 2 pinches
fenugreek seeds-1/2 sppon
turmeric powder - 1 spoon
salt - 1 teaspoon
sesame or gingly oil - 1/4 cup
Put a fry pan in stove, fry the fenugreek seeds till brown without oil and keep aside in a plate. grind the fenugreek and jaggery to fine powder.
heat some oil in the pan put the chopped chillis and saute for a minute. Add tamarind paste with little water. on boiling add asafotida,grinded fenugreek powder,turmeric powder and salt.
After boiling the mixture for 20 minutes put the remaiing oil and let the mixture boil for more 5 minutes. keep this in a jar and use for chappatis/pooris -aha!
|Author: Janaki V 23 Jan 2011 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
If you are a non vegetarian, then eggs serve the best side dish for chappathis.
Side Dish : Egg butter masala
Eggs - 4
Onions - 2
Tomato - 1
Chilly powder, Turmeric powder
Urud dal, Saunf
Salt to taste.
1. Beat four eggs in a bowl with a little salt.
2. Boil in steam. Turn the bowl upside down on a plate. Cut the boiled egg into cubes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and add urud dal and saunf.
4. Add butter and heat till it melts. Add chopped onions and fry till they become golden brown. Add one finely cut tomato and fry for two to three minutes.
5. Now add a little turmeric powder chilly powder and salt according to your taste.
6. Add a little water and boil till water evaporates.
7. Now add the egg cubes and fry for a while.
Delicious Egg butter masala is ready to serve. Garnish with slices of lemon and onion.
|Author: E Mangala 04 Mar 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Try this easy and tasty side dish for chappathis it will suit well and it is the best side dish preferred by the South Indians. It is called as Tomato gravy or Thakkali Thokku in tamil.
1. Onion - 3 nos
2. Tomato - 4 nos
3. Chilli powder - 2 tsps
4. Coriander powder - 4 tsps
5. Garlic - 5 to 6 nicely ground
6. Ginger - small piece finely chopped
7. Green chillies - 2 nos
8. Salt to taste
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Curry leaves - a sprig
11. Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
12. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
13. Split blackgram dal - 1 tsp
1. In a kadai add some oil and to this add mustard seeds and black gram dal, wait till the dal turns light brown.
2. Now add finely chopped onions, cllies, garlic, ginger ad curry leaves and fry till the onion looks transparrent.
3. Next add tomatoes to the above and stir fry till it blends well.
4. Now add all the powders and then add salt and water, close and wait till it gets cooked.
5. Wait till you get a thick colourful gravy, let the oil separate from the mixture.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Try this you really love it.
|Author: Qays 04 Mar 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Chicken gravy is best pair for chapati as a non-vegetarian
chicken - 1/4 kg (cut into mini pieces)
onion paste - 1(big)
Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
Tomato chopped - 1 (big)
Chilly powder - 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Curd - 1/2 bowl
Chopped corriander - 1/2 mini bowl
oil - To fry
Salt - For taste
In the pan add oil and add onion paste fry it till brown(3-4 minutes).Add ginger and garlic paste at the same time and fry for 4 minutes and add chopped tomato and fry for 4-5 minutes.After that add coriander powder,chilly powder and garam masala powder and little salt to gravy alone and fry for 4 minutes.When you smell nice aroma, add the mini pieces of chicken and add curd and salt for chicken to it and let mix it all well and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.Switch of the fire.Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and close the pan with tight lid.You will get a aromic Chapati side dish.
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...