- Category: Hinduism
- #59495There are some temples for Lord Brahma. The one at "Pushkar" in Rajasthan is famous.
" Be Good and Do Good "
- #59672According to puranas, a story is there.
once a discussion came between Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma about who is supreme among them. They went to Lord Shiva for justification. In his turn Lord Shiva told that the supreme is one who find either of His(Lord Shiva's) feet or Head. Immediately on agreeing this, Lord Brahma went up to see the head of Lord shiva, whereas Lord vishnu proceeded down to see his feet. On going up, Lord brahma saw a petel of screwpine(thazhampoo in tamil,kethaki in hindi) and asked wherefrom it comes; it replied that coming from the head of Lord shiva. Then it convinced the petel to tell a lie that Lord Brahma have seen the head of Lord shiva. Accordingly it told Lord shiva and by knowing the lie shiva cursed Lord Brahma not to have any pooja in the world nor any temples for Him. Also cursed the flower as it would not be used for Lord Shiva's pooja thereafter.
As the Lord Shiva stood as a huge Jyothi, it is called Annaamalai and the place of worship is in THIRUVANNAAMALAI in Tamilnadu.
This is the reason behind the Lord Brahma is not having temples. But it is said a small temple is there at Kumbakonam in Tamilnadu.
- #60071there are some temples for lord brahma
- #60089No, I dont think there are any temples for him. but ther are statues of brahma in many temples. But the main god wil be someother god.
Think.. Think.. Think again.. you can solve anything.
- #60093as brahma lied to lord shiva,he cursed brahma not to have any temples on earth
- #60352there is a story behind it. when brahma created this universe. he created devrishi narad as his son and ordered him to get married. but narada refused this order and remained brahmachari.so Brahma cursed him to become a gandharva then a maid servant's son and then returning to original position of devrishi.in return narada also cursed him not to be worshiped by any one in future. so there is only one place in the world where lord Brahma is worshiped that is puskar in ajmer.
- #63020In ancient India,before existence of Hindu religion the Dravids (Indian) used to worship Lord Indra as a chief god. As Aryans entered India they used to worship Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. This led to a conflict between the followers of the two gods. To resolve this conflict some of saint(mahatma) start to tell story that both the god are follower of each other and creation of world is neither lord Shiva nor lord Vishnu and tell that world is created by lord Brahma and Hindu religion come in existence.so as earlier no one worship lord Brahma and it continue,and even the story in Hindu was made that Brahma was cursed that no one will ever worship him.
- #63046According to me it is something like this,
1.When the world was created by Lord Vishnu different departments were handled to different "SUR'S" or "DEV'S"(example Agnidev the in-charge of Agni or fire ,Chandradev the in-charge of chandra or moon etc,Who are the opposition party of "DANAV'S or RAKHYAS) and special powers related to that department were allotted to that person handling the particular department.So accordingly the Power to create Physical feelings in a male was given to Indradev and in a female to his wife Rati.
2.Now,When Indradev and Rati got the power they became very happy and in order to test their power they applied it on Lord Bramha and a lady who was like the daughter of Lord Bramha in relation.Both of them got physically attracted and started moving towards each other to end up the experiment started by Indradev and his wife Rati which cannot fail as the power was provided by Lord Vishnu the creator,it temporarily vanished Lord Bramha's and that Lady's thinking power that they were in a relation in which physical contacts were not allowed.
3.Everyone got worried and atlast Lord Shiv came in between both them,regenerated and brought back Lord Bramha's conscience and cursed Lord Bramha and announced that no one in this world will be allowed have physical relations with females who are like their daughter,sister,mother or a higher social relation,any one till the end of this world,committing such crime will be punished who ever it might be,So Lord Bramha,I curse you that you will not be worshiped due to the crime which you were going to do with a lady who is like your daughter.
Finally,Lord Bramha was cursed and he is not worshiped and there is no separate temple in this world except in Pushkar in Rajasthan for Lord Bramha.
- #63105First of all, I would like to tell you that there is one temple of Lord Brahma and that is in Pushkar, Rajasthan.
Now I can tell the real mythological concept behind the fact that hwy there is no temple of Lord Brahma. When Lord Brahma created the world, he also created Goddess Saraswati. Thus in this way, she was assumed to his daughter. Lord Brahma also created lord Kaamdev and blessed him that he can cupid any person with his power and can wake up a will in him for sex (Kaam). Now lord Kaamdev thought to test that power blessed by Lord Brahma. He shot his arrow on Lord Brahma to test his blessing. So as the blessing of Lord Brahma was true, the semen of Lord Brahma emitted from his body and he got attracted for Goddess Saraswati, who was in relation to his daughter. When lord Shiva saw that, he got angry and curse Lord Brahma that he would never be prayed on earth due to that sin.
So this is the reason that why there is no temple of Lord Brahma and why he is not prayed by human beings.
- #63640It depends on the FAN following , there are temples for Human beings, like being planned for Mr. Amitabh Bachchan and maybe for Tendulkar in Future. I am sure if you built one temple your self no body will take exception.
- #63864How says there is no temple of Lord Brahma. You should need to visit Pushkar (Rajasthan) to see the temple of Lord Brahma. Pushkar is a religious place for hindus. The nearnest major city is Ajmer (Rajasthan). Ajmer is approximate 200 KMS from Jaipur City (Capital of Rajasthan State).
From Ajmer we can take a bus and Pushkar is approximate 15 KMS just behind the mountain. Pushkar is famous place for temple of Lord Brahma and Pushkar Lake. Pushkar fair is very famous and known as cattle fair of Rajasthan.
Although this is the single temple of Lord Brahma and nobody can found the temple of Lord Brahma anywhere on the remaining earth.
- #64108There is one and only genuinely recognized and oldest temple of Lord Brahma in Pushkar in Rajasthan, which is famous for its Pushkar mela(fest).
- #64169There are temples for Lord Brahma. One is near Trichy. You can find Brahmabureeshwar temple. This one is famous temple for Lord Brahma.
- #64826as per my knowledge there is a very famous temple for lord bhrama in purshkar, ajmer
There is only temple of lord Brahma at Pushker,which is 15kms from Ajmer[Rajasthan].
There is a mythological belief that when Lord Brahma was doing a yagya for the evolution of earth[jagat ki utpatti]before samudra manthan,Devi Saraswati associated lord Brahma at the left side,for the yagya,this makes Devi Gayatri,the wife of lord,annoyed.She cursed lord for,that he will not be worshipped anywhere on the earth,except Pushker & went on the top of the Gayatri hill[named after her,& still has the temple of Devi Gayatri]
It is said that from that day,still Gayatri is annoyed with the lord & stays at the hill.under the same hill,the temple of lord Brahma is situated.The gayatri temple can be seen from the temple of lord Brahma.
This story can be heard from the priests of the lord Brahma temple.