|Author: Ernest 29 Dec 2010 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
First of all you should install Nokia pc suite for your mobile model. Many install pc suite wrongly. So check that first.
Just follow the steps below:
1.Install your pc suite first.
2.Then connect your mobile using data cable.
3.Open your Pc suite.
4.Setup your ISP. In Apn enter TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET.
5.Then connect internet through connection manager in your pc suite.
6.If not connected contact your service provider (i.e) call customer care and ask for settings.
If you enter the settings correctly definitely you can connect to internet. Remember to suscribe to GPRS pack or else charges may apply depending on the plan. Try to put unlimited pack so that you use well. The connection may be somewhat slow.
|Author: Dr.Nikhil Ratna 29 Dec 2010 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
Hi gyandeep, i just want to add the above information.
you can connect with blue-tooth and infra-red also besides data cable.
practically none use infrared connections but blue tooth is help ful.
the only problem is your mobile discharges very soon if connected with blue-tooth.
I am personally using bluetooth modem to connect to internet.
Its very simple if you have pc suit soft ware wtih you!
|Author: nijin 01 Jan 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
First install your Nokia PC suite. You can get PC suite free from Nokia official website.
You can connect your phone in three ways- through infrared, bluetooth and cable. First connect the phone in any of the above three ways. Then your phone status will be available in the main screen.
For connecting internet follow these steps.
1. click on "connect to the internet icon" on the main screen. Usually this icon is found in the first row.
2. Then click settings which is present in the bottom of the page. In the new page opens you can see the name of your phone in the modem list. Select your phone and click next.
3. Mark " Select your network operator from the list" and select your desired operator. If you don't find your operator skip this step and follow the next step.
4. Mark "configure the connection manually" and click next.
5. In the window opens type access point name. As you are using Tata Docomo type the access point as TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET. Leave the other field blank and click finish.
6. Now click internet connection option and the wizard will connect the internet by using your phone as modem.
|Author: Kanji Patel 01 Jan 2011 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Basic Requirement for PC Connectivity
• GPRS Compatible Handset
• Latest PC Suite of Handset
• Connection modes: USB cable, infrared (IrDA), or Bluetooth
• Tata Docomo Internet Settings should be set as default in handset
Procedure to Install Modem
• Insert PC Suite CD in your Computer/Laptop and start Installation
• Click on next ? OK ? Finish step by step to get complete download of PC suite in your system
• While Installing the CD you will be asked phone number ? Enter *99#
• Open PC Suite by clicking on the icon in the system tray & Click the option marked 'Manage Connections'.
• Now Select the mode of connectivity (USB-DKU for Data Cable, Bluetooth) & Connect your handset with PC/Laptop
• At the right bottom of your PC will show notification of Handset is connected with PC
• Go to configure/settings option & Select the Handset Modem from available options
• Go to Configure connection manually & Enter Access point name: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET (In Upper case only)
• Username and Password should be Blank
• Additional Initialization command: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET"
• Save the settings & click on connect to internet
• On successful connectivity your computer will give notification of Internet connectivity