- Category: India Educational Consultants
Class X board exams are definitely necessary like any other exams. Without annual exams how can a student qualify for promotion to the higher class?
Nevertheless, there are proposals from the union government that Class X exams need not be conducted by State Boards... they believe that “between school level and before college level” there should be only one board examination... either 10th or 12th and it has been decided that the 12th should be a board exam an important check-point.
This proposal is under consideration with an apex body in the Union Ministry of Education. The reason behind all this exercise is to reduce the burden of two consecutive board exams, before entering the college level. These two exams are in addition to the preparations for entrance tests conducted for admissions to degree coerces especially in professional courses like engineering and medical.
Visit: “Harish Jharia's Blog”
14 July 2009
- #7892Hi UltimateRengan,
I would say "The more you hit, the stronger it becomes" .
I don't know why people treat board exams as something different from any other final examination. Students write final exam for all their classes then why fear from one more final exam which is just named as Board Exam?
Board Exams are corrected by some professional outside your school. But a good student who knows that he would perform well should not bother whoever is correcting the paper.
If I would have the power I would impose board exams for all the classes straight from 5th or 6th. This would make the students get used to the board exams and would not feel any different writing the 10th exam i.e. board exams become a habit to them. But unfortunately we cannot implement this system as we need a lot of people to correct so many papers.
So my final opinion Board exams should not be removed in any case.
ISC Gold Member
Mentor for Engineering Entrance Exams
B.Tech, IIT Madras
Webmaster, Andhra Spider
Of course 10th board exams are necessary. When a child first time going to give 10th board exam every body keep on telling him/her, if you cleared your 10th board exam it means you have cleared all the classes. which make them little serious for their studies and they try to do their best in 10th class.
- #17914yes it should be there because mostly people are not doing study and just make cheating if there is no board for 10 Th
- #18251Hi !
It is important and necessary that the board examination should be conducted for the X class because my perception as a teacher says that the pupil start taking their studies more sincerely as they enter the X class. They fear and feel that they have to work with more effort as they have to face board exams.Even the students who are not serious in their studies try to put more effort because of this factor.
- #18271Yes, why Board examinations are necessary to 10th Class students, if do not having any Board exam to the students of 10th class, they do not study seriously, and they will not have any scope in participating further competitive examinations conducted by higher institutions. now they are studying very liberally upto 9th class, and if no board exam in 10th class the students will lose temperment, concentration and ultimately they will not useful to the society.
- #18356Ya . Definitely we are conduct tenth board exam .because in this way u can check the basic knowledge and own capacity of student.
- #18455Board exam for 10th is necessary. As board exam enable student to study hard and improve their selfconffidence which is base for their careear development. And it is like competiteve exam but parent should not force as it is totally depend on student will.
- #18547hi,this is shivam agrawal.
Yes, board exams are necessary for class 10th because if there will no board exams then children will not study at home.They will play and be linianent.I think there will be board exams.
Yes it is needed in fact it should be there because the students when the board exams are conducted than only the pass rate is not even half in many states of our country.
And if the exam is removed and if every one is allowed or promoted than what about the future of graduation and under graduation, they will not get any good students in future.
Majority of the students will stop studying from 10 now itself. Previously they at least used to study till 10 or 10+2 but from now they dont even care foe 10th as there are no exams conducted.
Gold Member ISC
Business Directory, ISC
- #18563no boards are nt necessary bcoz it just gve unnecessary burden to studnts
now students can choose wht they want without ny burden or tension of marks....