|Author: R Santhosh kalash 17 Feb 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Sweet corn soup is very simple and easy to make. But now a days instant soup makers have emerged which is not that much good for health. For making home made sweet corn soup, you have to use either normal corn or american sweet corn which taste sweet. In order to remove the corn from the cob, you have to make the corn into half. This makes you easily remove the corn seeds.Then cook the corn seeds tenderly in the pressure cooker and keep a small amount of cooked corn aside from the stock. Now, grind the remaining cooked corn either using mortar and pestle or mixie.
Now comes the main part in making the soup. heat the pan and add butter (note: dont use ghee or refined oil for this, it make the soup disaster). choose any two nice vegetables you like from the following (carrot, cabbage, beans, radish, spring onion), chop them nicely to small size and add to the butter pan. fry the whole thing for about a minute and add salt and 6 cups of water which mostly based on the amount of soup you want to serve. since the vegetables are small they are easily cooked so there is no need to cook them for long time and make the time to 5-10 minutes. Till that time, you have to make corn flour liquid for thickening of soup. just add 1 tbsp of corn flour in half cup of water.
Now we are going for the final touching of the soup. Add soup by soup of the corn flour mixture into the pan, so that it gets thicken and add till you get the consistency. Add the remaining cooked corn which was kept aside before. soup is ready to serve with a starter like finger chips, or pakkoda.
Tips to make the soup even better.
1) use rice vineger which gives a fine taste to the soup.
2) use small amount of aginomotto instead of salt.
3) If you wish to add spring onions then add at the end of the boil and remove the soup from heat soon.
4) if you wish to add egg into the soup and make it more taster, then make the soup to thick consistency. Now beat the egg and add the mixture with low flame. Mix the content with one slow stir.
5) Dont add pepper while the soup is boiling, please add while serving.
6) instead of adding clean water, you can use the vegetable stock which gives much flavor.
Thank you and i wish you enjoy my recepie.
please write me back about it
|Author: Jayanta Datta Choudhury 18 Feb 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Delicious taste and flavour of corn can be utilized to make a favourite healthy soup.
The following are the home recipes for preparing sweet corn soup:
1. Whole sweet corn kernels— 1 cup.
2. Grated sweet corn---- 1 cup.
3. Vegetable stock--- 4 cups.
4. Corn flour---- 3-4 table spoons.
5. Sugar---- 1 & ½ table spoon.
6. Salt----1/4 table spoon.
7. Green chilly pieces in vinegar---2 table spoons.
8. Tomato sauce--- 2 table spoons.
9. Soya sauce-- 1 table spoon.
How to prepare?
1. First heat the vegetable stock mixed with sweet corn kernels in pan for 5 minutes in low flame.
2. Then cover the pan and allow to cook for 10 minutes in medium flame for till the corn gets boiled soft.
3. Add grated corn and paste of corn flour with water and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Then mix sugar, tomato sauce, salt, green chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and heat for 3 minutes before serving.