|Author: Chakravarthi (Emperor) 08 Mar 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Jainism had taken birth against Brahmanic supremacy. It had taken initiatives to free the people from expenditures of Yagnas. It preached non-violence which let third sections of people in ancient India evolve. People were attracted to Jina principles.
Difference between Jainism and Hinduism:
1. Jainism questioned the Vedas and existence of God.
2. Jainism stressed on Non-violence (That is why Jain colleges do not have Bi.P.C. group), whereas Hinduism was based on sacrifices.
3. The salvation depiction is also different. According to Jainism, after death, one lives in blissful abode, whereas in Hinduism, each soul will be absorbed into God.
Similarities between Jainism and Hinduism:
1. The theory of karma is same regarding these two religions.
2. Transmigration of souls is also considered same.
3. Jainism asceticism is indebted to Hinduism asceticism.
Why was Jainism considered as Hinduism?
Due to similarities, Jainism could not maintain its distance. The religion which was raised against Brahmanic supremacy had relaxed after being shown leniency. As Jains were from Hindus, simply began to be considered as Hindus. Now Buddhism and Jainism are regarded as Hinduism.
|Author: Akash 11 Apr 2011 Member Level: Bronze Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
Jainism believes on Lord Mahavir.
Hindus believes on Lord Ram.
Both are having theri own self defined rules and regulations.
|Author: atishey 20 Apr 2011 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Jainism believes on lord mahavira with other 23 tithankaras in which 24th is lord mahavira . so there are only 24 lord believed by jains .
In hinduism thgey believe lord ram and there a 1000s of dev and devis .
Jain doesn't kill animals as it is considered a sin .
Hindus respect cows and other animals .
There are many and many more difference .