Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

How to get the spelling mistakes corrected in the passport?

Date: 01 Mar 2011   Group: Government    Category: Central Government    Posted By: [Anonymous]   

I got passport in the month of November 2010 and i belongs to Andhra Pradesh. In that i found many spelling mistakes. I need guidance to correct the mistakes and i need information regarding fees collected for that.

Find Answers

Author: Raghavendra M    22 Mar 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi, you don't have to reapply for a re-issue of fresh passport. There is a provision to get the detailed corrected (which were misprinted) on the passports.

If there are mistakes in your personal particulars in passport, you can submit that passport at the Passport Office for correction at the Correction Counter.

If the mistakes were made by you in the original application form, then you should apply for the correction in category 'R' by submitting form no. 1 (The Application form which you had used for getting new passport, now for a re-issue of passport ) and a fee of Rs.1000/ would be charged.

Online registration is not required in this case.

Fill the form (Form No.1) and with the required enclosures n fee, approach the passport office (Regional Passport office, Kummaraguda, Secunderabad) in person and submit the same at the Correction counter.

Please refer to the link below for all your passport related queries and application requirements for specific purposes.


Post answer or solution to "How to get the spelling mistakes corrected in the passport?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem How to get the spelling mistakes corrected in the passport?

You must Sign In to post a response.

Next Question: Regarding rail budget 2011
Previous Question: How to get information through right to information?
Return to Question Index
Ask Question to Expert
Category: Central Government

Related Questions
Popular Tags   What are tags ?   Search Tags  

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.