Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

How to transfer the state name of voter ID card?

Date: 08 Mar 2011   Posted By: ranushree caitali     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

I have avoter I card of Jahrkhand But from last 8 years I'm in Gujarat. I want to get a voter I card from Gujarat. What is the process for the transfer?

Author: Krishnadas    08 Mar 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

You need to approach the Chief Election Officer of Gujarath or the sub-ordinate Offices under CEO for registering your name in the Electoral Roll of Gujarath.

Krishnadas

Reference: http://ceogujarat.nic.in/site/index_eng.htm

Author: Ramprasad    08 Mar 2011      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You are living since 8 years in Gujarath but you haven't got any voter card of the state where you living , it is very sad you have missed the opportunity to vote , the right of every citizen of India .There is no transfer available for the change of state name you have to get a new voter card in Gujarat and have to cancel the old card in Jharkand. For avail of a voter card you have to meet your city or area's government's offices or nowadays you can apply at main post offices also . Applying for voter ID ha s gone online you can apply through online also . If you are not casting your vote in Jharkand since 8 years i think your name is deleted from the voter list , if not so after you getting your voter card in Gujrath you contact Jharkand state election or concerned government officials they will remove your name from the list . It is very necessary to have a voter card in one place only.

Author: ranushree caitali    14 Mar 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thankyou for your valuable advice. It is really very helpful for me.

Author: [Anonymous]    14 Mar 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Hello dude,
sorry Indian government does not provide this type of service.
To make the new voter id card you need to contact the election commision of your state. After your new voter id is available please inform your old state authorities to cancel your name from the list.
Thanks,
Ankit Sharma.