Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Diploma Engineering through Distance-Mode

Date: 31 Mar 2011    Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I am from Kolkata,West Bengal.I am thinking of doing Diploma in Engineering from a local study center in my place .The diploma is being offered from EIILM University (Sikkim).
I am not sure about the recognition of this diploma or the EIILM university?
Can any of the Respected members of this forum please throw some light on these and tell me whether it will be wise to do diploma from such a private university from a study center outside the state of Sikkim?
I am also providing the website of the study center and the University for everyone's convenience.
Study center web address - http://www.nimtt.co.in/
University webpage - http://www.eiilmuniversity.ac.in/home.html
Another funny thing about the above university is that when you go to contacts They don't provide any telephone numbers!! Check here - http://www.eiilmuniversity.ac.in/contact.html
Only a email address is provided .I have written to that email about 3 weeks back and still got no response!!
Please guide me and suggest me whether these are all fraud?
I will be greatly obliged for any helpful suggestions.

Author: Amandeep    10 Oct 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

I must tell you that this university is not fraud. If you are going to find a better university then please contact to Punjab Technical University. I am also a student of this university. It is a great university and also provides distance learning education plans. This university offers various courses all around India. Engineering diploma is also offered.
For further information, please see this website: www.ptu.ac.in
I am sure, it can help you. You can also find a contact number on this site.

Amandeep

Author: subhajit mukherjee    12 Oct 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

If you are from Kolkata then it will be very easy for you to go through the selection test i.e. Joint entrance Examination for the Diploma Holders ( poly-technique) which is being held every year after the Madhayamik Examination (Std X).

Regarding your specified course check whether it is recognized by AICTE or by WBUT because if it is not so then it will be a trouble effort for you to get through a job by the certificates provided by them.

Author: Ramprasad    31 Dec 2011      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

It is very strange to hear from you as an educated person your not even aware about the institution and the course in which you are studying is genuine or not. Well EIILM University is an UGC approved and recognized University and one of the finest University in India situated in Sikkim. It offers both regular and distance mode courses through various colleges and study centers across the country. The diploma courses offered by this University are also recognized by UGC. You can visit the headquarters of the University to clarify the further doubts and you can get necessary information form the study center at where you are pursuing the course. Here below am providing the website of the University's distance education.

http://www.ddl.eiilmuniversity.ac.in

Author: Ankit Kumar    31 Dec 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hi friend

As well as of my knowledge both of these are university are recognized by UGC and approved by AICTE.Check the details of local centre wheher it is truely centre of these universties.As i have heard about some fraud centres o these universties.Iit will be wise to do diploma from such a private university if you are doing a job otherwise it is wise to do a regular course than through distance learning.

Navesh Garg