Ask Experts » Computers » Hardware »

Which is the best Laptop for home use?

Date: 11 Apr 2011   Group: Computers    Category: Hardware    Posted By: [Anonymous]   

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best laptop for home use. Whether DELL, HP etc will be recommended.

Author: Saranjit Singh Rai    11 Apr 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

HI,
According to me best laptop from home users is Dell. It gives you all the features required by home users and most important it gives better battery backup as compared to other services. But just make one thing sure before buying please do check after sales service at your location.

Author: Jagannathan    20 Apr 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Both DELL and HP are the best products. You can check for the processor i3, i5 and i7 (latest is i7). Selecting the laptop depends upon the usage and its activities. So you can choose accordingly.

As far the service concern, DELL has higher service rate than HP. HP will have a little bit slow process compared with DELL.

Author: Sangeeth Kumar    22 Apr 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

@ Jagannathan.

Who said i7 is newer to i3, i5.
Actually three are the introduced at same time only. According to capabilities of processors they have named like this. i3 is basic, i5 moderate and i7 for extreme use.

Refer this post for a detailed description about three intel processors.
http://indiastudychannel.com/experts/23455-i-processer-price-speed-performance.aspx

Author: pavan    04 May 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hello Friend
Dell is the better option to buy laptop for home usage which gives any help assistance through online and having good battery power also

Author: Omkar    04 May 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5    Voting Score: 0

I myself just bought a Dell XPS 15 laptop. According to me, Dell is a lot better than the other brands, as it allows you to customize your laptop, right from the color, to the processor and primary and secondary memory.
I got my own laptop which has the following configuration -

• 2nd generation core i7 processor

• 8 GB RAM

• 2 GB NVidia Graphic Card

• 500 GB hard disk @ 7200RPM

• 15 inch HD screen

• other minor modifications like a backlit keyboard and a 9 cell battery

I got the above configuration for around Rs 65,000.
No other brand like Hp or Sony had the same configuration, and an equivalent configuration was at least Rs 15,000 more than what I paid for the XPS 15.

They have a very responsive support team, and they make sure your queries and problems are solved as soon as possible.
The only downside to Dell is that if you customize your order, the (home) delivery takes almost 45 days.

But according to me, if you are getting exactly what you want in a price that you can afford, the long wait is worth it.

Omkar.

Author: sharada    04 May 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The best laptop for home use would be definitely Dell brand. They are reasonably priced with great performance.Their customer service is excellent.
Dell Inspiron is best suited for home users.

Author: jegadeesan    15 May 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

hello friend
i myself using Toshiba satellite c650. it cost only Rs 26,200/- alone. it can also be used for home rough usage. the configurations are
dualcore processor

3 GB RAM

1 GB NVidia Graphic Card

320 GB hard disk @ 7200RPM

15.5 inch HD screen with LED back light

other minor modifications like a backlit keyboard and a 6 cell battery
still now i did not face any problem.
they will also provide Tata photon+ with free of cost, blue tooth dongle, optical mouse.

Author: Aamir Shahzad    16 May 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hi
nice threat about laptop many companies providing laptop in the market.some are in our range and some are very expensive.but it is totally depend on your pocket which brand you can buy.so first tell you range then i decide.

thanks & Regards
Aamir khan

Author: Nagaraj    16 May 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hi

Two ways in choosing the laptop. One is Cost Wise and another way is Brand Wise. If you feel like low cost and better feature. you can go to compaq type laptop. It is best for cost and performance wise. If you feel branded level laptop. you can go to Dell and Sony Vaio laptop. They are giving lot of feature in laptop. They are also giving lot of configuration and performance in the laptop. Original Operating System and Original Antivirus is need for any laptop to buy. Think it.

Author: v mani nanda venkatesh    16 May 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5    Voting Score: 0

Hi friend,

According to me, the best laptops are LENOVO-z series, newly released HP-envy series, HP-pavilion series, LENOVO-Thinkpad,sony.

dell provides customizing options between features and pricing options but i dont know most of my friends had bought dell and had some problems like heating,etc what i have observed was that dell does not provides certain heat sink and ur laptop heats up quickly while playing high graphic games etc.

And if u are looking for gaming and entertainment purpose and if u think u had more budget then go for ALIENWARE(dell) particularly build for gaming and entertainment and also see recently released MSI-GE603 gaming laptop.

And if u think price should be reasonable and should contain all features along with graphics then my suggestions are HP-PAVILION OR LENOVO-Z SERIES

And best performance and long life of laptop which ever brand u buy also depends on how u will use and maintain your laptop carefully.

myself using LENOVO-g550 till now i didnt had any problems about laptop

regards,
mani nanda venkatesh.

Author: Suman Biswas    16 May 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

Hello friend,

For home using i suggest you DELL LATITUDE and HP laptop.I am

using DELL LATITUDE since 2009 till the date i did not had any

problem. I am working on it about 6 to 7 hours per day.

Configuration of my Laptop as follows

1. 80 GB Hard disk (Now 250 GB are available in market)

2. 2 GB RAM (3 GB are available in market)

3. Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00GHz

4. 512 MB Graphics Card.

5. Direct Mobile SIM connector.

6. Free original Windows Vista operating system.

7. 15 inch HD Screen

I pay for this only Rs.34000/-. Think it was two years before.

The cost of the laptop was high enough that days. you can see the

new price from DELL website "www.dell.com/in/p/laptops".

Information about HP laptops you can browse

"www8.hp.com/in/en/home.html"

Thank you,
Suman Biswas

Author: Sam    20 May 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

I agree with Omkar on Dell XPS. If you want a laptop for home use then XPS is the best. Though somewhat bulky and most of the people do not prefer 15 inch screen, but it should be the best choice if you are going to take it with you often while travelling.
It is one of the preffered one for gaming, watching videos and music.

Author: Mahaveer Singh    21 May 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hi Dear

I want to suggest you to buy any Netbook of any company like dell,hp,lenovo, acer etc.
Its cheap and can do all the general works of a computer system as well as more battery backup.
I am using acer system.

Author: Paresh Gujarati    21 May 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

I can suggest you to use LENOVO Laptop because of good service and best performance with long life.

I have bought LENOVO since March, 2008 and still I have not found any single problem regarding performance of laptop(notebook).

You will get good configured notebook for home use in just 25000 to 30000 Rs.

And one thing to remember, please buy notebook with no operating system installed on it otherwise this could charge you extra like 2000 but if you choose laptop with DOS operating system, you will later on install the OS you want.

Author: Celina Christy    21 May 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

It is right to say that ASUS notebook series are really good and versatile when it comes to choosing a laptop. But on the same hand they are not affordable. The price range of this is between $ 610 - $ 625. But in this range you will get a laptop that would not only perform everyday tasks, but also you can enjoy high-definition video and games to some limit. Today most of the system are Windows 7-based. It has a Core X3 i3-350 cpu. Core i3-350M operates at a speed of 2.26 GHz and has two hearts. But it lacks Intel turboboost if you can not over clocked. It has 3 MB of L3 cache or L3. For the ram thing you can have around 4GB support. You can upgrade that to 8GB. For the graphic option it comes with Intel GMA HD which can decode the HD content. You can play the games at low temperature. You can play Sims 3 on the frozen throne or other games of similar specs. Another disadvantage of HD Intel GMA graphics cards is that it's integrated graphics and system memory is required. To play any game smoothly a graphics card with dedicated graphics memory is preferable.
Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Which is the best Laptop for home use?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Which is the best Laptop for home use?

Next Question: Different types of hardware devices
Previous Question: Can I change my PCs MAC address?