|Author: Sangeeth Kumar 28 Apr 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 Voting Score: 0|
First you know important lines about GPRS phone netconnection.
1. Maximum speed you can get through it ranges between 16-25 kbps(it requires a very good signal strength and subjected to opertor feasibility).
2. If you use EDGE you may get a little over that.(around 30-40 kbps).
3. With the increase in load on network effects internet speed too.
4. Non-peak hours like early morning you can get a maximum speed out of GPRS.
5. Speed of browsing/downloading always varies from second to second you need to consider average speed.
6. With the 2G sim if you get a average speed of 6 kbps(downloading) then it is said to be very good speed.
7. If you use 3G you may get a average downloading speed of around 16 kbps.
Tell me your phone model as well as mobile service operator name?
There are some network accelerator applications are present(Emobistudio) especially for smartphones, but there won't be any significant improvement by using those.
|Author: mahesh 30 Apr 2011 Member Level: Silver Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
|Use modem boost|
|Author: Komal Sood 30 Apr 2011 Member Level: Platinum Points : 4 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
|To increase the Internet speed upto 20% of existing speed. You should need to use these steps in Windows XP:|
1. Click on start
2. Type RUN
3. Type GPEDIT.msc and press enter
4. Then select Local Computer Polity
5. Then Computer Configuration
6. Then Administrative Templates
7. Then Network
8. Then QOS Packet Scheduler
9. Then double click Limit Reservable Bandwidth
10.Then Select Enable
11.Then change Reserve Bandwidth to 0 from 20.
You can increase Internet speed up to 20% of existing speed.
|Author: pavan 03 May 2011 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
|1.Remove Browser plugins in internet explorer/fire fox and uninstall any add ons|
2.Disable Popup ads by popup blocker
3.Clear out internet browsers cache(click delete files button in temp internet files)