Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is mainly introduced to attract the foreign investment and technology. SEZ has its own laws for trade and other business apart from the country's law. SEZ covers the following zones:
Special Economic Zones are marked places meant for having cluster of same type production entities. For example, IT SEZ , it harbours only information technology oriented item manufacturing or service providing. Glass SEZ means, it consists of only glass making industries and nothing else. The use of it is that government can provide whatever wanted by certain industry. If they are together, it is to provide all whatever is necessary.
Benefits to common through SEZs
- There is no direct benefit to common man through this, but has direct loss (Land grabbing).
- Jobs can be provided to the persons who sacrificed their lands for this cause.
- Infrastructure will be developed. New roads and facilities are provided around SEZs.
- Exports can be increased.
- Chance of available cheaply the goods prepared in local area.
"Look at ants and learn"