This is an extremely nice question; that somebody asked how to become a good citizen, not a well-educated profession, service man, etc. There are so much of difference between a good citizen and an educated person. Because, not all educated person may be a good citizen and all good citizens are not compulsory to be an educated person. Making a child, a good citizen is not an easy task. There are many points that must followed by the parents:
1. Dignity: this is most important act performed by the parents (husband and wife).
2. Behavior: Parent's behavior in front of the child should be very calm and typical; must not hurt and disappoint in any course.
3. Respect: give respect to your parents, and teach your child to do the same.
4. Holy act: get participate and let participate your child with every holy functions and occasions at home and outside the home. Teach them the moral of every occasion and why we celebrate that in a particular day & time.
5. Humanity: learn what humanity is. How to inculcate this within us? What does it gives others and us towards making a good person.
6. Discipline: parents must perform this before taught their child.
7. Human values: combination of tradition, occasions, making happiness, brotherliness, etc tells us the human values, which should be persevere in every act and perform to make a good citizen.
Thanks & regards,
'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'