Ask Experts » Career Guidance » HR Jobs »

What is the scope of Ma or M.sc Pschycology? Is it good to become a career advisor?

Date: 22 May 2011   Group: Career Guidance    Category: HR Jobs   

I did b.sc Math in 2007 & due to money problem & in lack of guidance I was unable to find proper way for career. Now i want to help other children in their early age so that they would not be misleded.
Please tell me is there scope of MA or M.sc Pschycology
Can i do it from distance learning..

Please tell me full details.

I know some computer also, basic knowledge of computer & have made
a blog too.

Currently i am preparing for banking exams & giving tutions to small children & getting total 2200 Rs. I also need earning for my own
I appeared 1 clerk exam of sbi but was not appeared in the interview.

Please tell me some ideas

Author: Nupur Khalkho    10 Aug 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

You can take a course in counselling, there are many types of counselling. You can choose to become a career counseller if you are interested in helping the young people who need guidance. You can also opt for a career in marriage counselling or psychiatric counselling.

If you want you can pursue your studies in psychology, you can complete MA in it from a government college or by distant education from IGNOU.

All the best.

Author: Joe Nisha    11 Aug 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

you can do distance education in M.A psychology in any one of the following institutes Nalanda open university,Andra university, Bangalore university, Osmania university, Karnataka open university, Vinayaka mission. M.Sc psychology in any of the following institutes Annamalai university, Madras university, Bharathiar university, Vinayaka mission, Ambedkar university and Tamil Nadu open university.
MA psychology would be helpful if you just want to know about psychology. MSc Psychology is more suitable for your requirement, as it delves more deeper to train you to be a professional psychologist (not a psychiatrist).
Also you may have to do a graduation in guidance and counseling course to become a career adviser. Such courses are available in Annamalai university, Mumbai University, Karnataka university, Banaras Hindu University and more. You can Google them by searching diploma courses in guidance and counseling.
Overall you may need to do masters in psychology and diploma in guidance and counseling course. Try contacting the university on the same. Annamalai university seems to be providing both.
Meanwhile try to establish contacts with schools so that you may give seminars or individual career guidance for students based on request. I personally know a teacher who has completed the course by distance education. His seminars are so widely accepted now many schools call for him to give career counseling. First you may need to establish yourself, it is the most difficult stage where you may not get money. If your work is real good you would start earning for your counseling work.
All the very best.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "What is the scope of Ma or M.sc Pschycology? Is it good to become a career advisor?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem What is the scope of Ma or M.sc Pschycology? Is it good to become a career advisor?

Next Question: What qualifications are required for HR jobs?
Previous Question: What should be priority ? Experience or Education ?