Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

Please help me for applying passport under Tatkal Scheme

Date: 02 Jul 2011   Posted By: Abhisek Panda     Group: Government    Category: State Government   

Dear all,

I am Abhisek Panda from Cuttack, Odisha. I want to apply for a passport under Tatkal Scheme. And for this I need a verification certificate which can be got signed by any of the following members,
(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add. Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India.

(ii) A Director/Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Special Secretary/Chief Secretary to a State Govt.

(iii) A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.

(iv) A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of district of residence of applicant.

(v) A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq. Leader and in the Air Force.

(vi) The General Manager of a Public Sector Undertaking

(vii) All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government i.e. in the pay scale of Rupees 10,000-15,200 or above.

(viii) Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State Governments based in Delhi.

(ix) Concerned Tehsildars or Concerned SHO's for an applicant staying in the area under his/her jurisdiction.

(x) The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations i.e.FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed performa as at Annexure "J".
For more details please visit, http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREF_vc_tatkaal.htm

Is there anyone who can help me to get this certificate? It's very urgent. I need to apply for it as soon as possible(within 5th May) as my company has abroad training programs for us. If anyone of you can help me please response to this thread. You can also contact me directly on my phone: ~ deleted~.

Author: Sailesh Babu Doppalapudi    03 Nov 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Mr Abhishek, applying passport in tatkal has 2 ways.

You can apply by taking the letter from the people whom you mentioned above. Those include gazeted officers like MRO's, etc.
But it is difficult to get letter from them unless they are well known.

The next and the best method is that submit the application for tatkal along with 3proofs which includes ration card, voter ID, pan card, driving licence and many more. I hope you have this documents. So its better to submit 3 proofs and get the passport in tatkal.

Author: abdul hameed farooq sayeed    03 Nov 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hello,
abhishek for applying a passport in tatkal needs five id proofs which can include ration card,pan card,voter id, driving license and you must have a 10th class marks memo for the date of birth proof with an IPS officer letter this can make your work done easily.