|Author: Dr.S.R.Sree Gouri 24 Jul 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 10 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Normally exercises are encouraged 6 to 8 weeks after cesarean section, as you completed 9 months, better to start now.
Dietery management also included in regaining physical shape - you have to take caloric diet just upto the body needs and baby care.
Take much fruits and vegetables, limit processed foods,sugars,fatty food etc.
Lactating the baby is one natural way of loosing weight.
Coming to exercises, abdominal muscles toning exercises are important, like
Head& shoulder raises: you have to lie on your back with knees bent and hands behind head.
Take a breath and as you exhale, tighten your abdominal muscles, flatten your back againest the floor and raise your head and shoulders off the floor slowly.
Comeback and repeat entire sequence 8 to 10 times.
Side crunches: like in above exercise, after raising the shoulders try to though the opposite knee with opposite elbow.
Pelvic tilt: lie on your back with your knees bent and your foot flat on the floor.
Inhale and allow your abdomen to expand, exhale and lift your tailbone towards your novel, keeping your hips on floor.
At the top of tilt, tighten your buttocks, then release. repeat 8 to 10 times.
Other exercises are like, leg slide, seated-lat row,bicycle etc.
Better your health care provider informed of your activities.
Along with these exercises you can do cardiovascular strenghthening activities like brisk walking.
In yoga you can go for 'surya namaskaras', which are useful for entire body.
For more details regarding obstetrical and gynecological problems you can visit my blog
|Author: ISC WARRIOR 09 Oct 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 Voting Score: 0|
Hello, you can do the exercise as mentioned by the first author. Article has also been written on How to loose weight after pregnancy
Here are some guidelines which a patient should follow after the surgery
- Do not sit up straight. Go slowly. Roll to the side. Swing lower to the edge. Push with the elbow of the side you were lying on and the other hand.
- When sitting, avoid soft chairs. They are hard to get up from and have poor back support. Avoid extremes of rounded or arched back. Use a cushion or roll in the small of the back for support. Sit on a firm straight chair.
- Stand with chin in and contract abdominal muscles
- climb stairs slowly, one at a time to avoid exhaustion. Propel the body up the stairs, using the thigh and buttock muscles, keeping the weight over the feet.
- when bending over, keep a curve in the low back, and one foot in front of the other. Bend the knees and lower the trunk. Legs should take most of the weight, back maintains a vertical position.
- To lift, maintain one foot in front of the other, bringing the object close to the body at waist level. Make frequent trips to decrease the weight of heavy loads.
- When reaching, use a stool for overhead objects. Do not over extend when reaching. put frequently used objects closer to shoulder level
|Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman 09 Oct 2011 Member Level: Diamond Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
It is highly necessary to ladies after cesarian or even normal delivery to follow the physical exercises advised by the doctors as to avoid complications of external rather than internal like bulging of stomach portion etc., Without hesitation the patients should ask the doctors about the physical exercise after the cesarian or even normal delivery and without laziness she should do the exercises accordingly.