Ask Experts » Computers » Security »

How to unlock a memory card if password is forgotten?

Date: 23 Aug 2011   Posted By: Dr.Nikhil Ratna     Group: Computers    Category: Security   

Dear members, my friend has confronted with a problem of unlocking a memory card as he forgot the password. I have helped him by procuring few data recovery softwares and password crackers but the problem is the card is not detected in the system as the mass storage device. Kindly help him.

Got memory card locked because of mulitlple attempts of providing wrong password? Find out waht can be done to unlock a locked memory card in case of forgotten passwords. Check out how to retrieve forgotten passwords of storage devices like password protected memory cards.

Author: Bala    29 Aug 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

I had a 2GB memory card with password protected contents. When I changed my cell phone and accessed the card, I was surprised to see that there was no protection at all when I accessed it.

Maybe you could try accessing it from another device, if it works, good for you!

Author: Dr.Nikhil Ratna    29 Aug 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Hi Bala, we have tried that and was in-vain. I have tried from on nokia device to another nokia device. Can you mention which device did you try with?

Hi Dr. Nikil Ratna,
I used the memory card from Samsung J750 (not available locally) to a Micromax Q3 phone. This card was tiny like thumbnail size, not sure if this is internal or external.
Cheers!

Author: Abhishek Sajeev    29 Aug 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Memorycards are external memory storage sources. So, there is no such thing as internal memory card. According to the details u have given above, your memory card seems to be micro SD card. If the content of the memory card is not very important to u, u hav two options for using the card
1. You can get the card unlocked and formated for an amount of about 50rs.
2. You can buy card unlocker which you get at market for 200 to 300 rupees.

Author: Ankaith Jain    09 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The only way is to format the memory card. Which you can do it by having it inserted in any other mobile and then formatted or you can put the card in the computer and format as well.

Else you will have to approach any gadget shopkeeper for the same.

Author: suraj bhosale    13 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The best way to format a write protected memory device is to format using hdd low level format tool.

Author: suraj bhosale    13 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

For Nokia s60 1st and 2nd edition phones.

1. First Install FExplorer in your phone memory.

2. Got to drive C: , you will find a file called mmcstore

3. Send it to your pc directly and open it in notepad or rename the file.

4. At the end of the file you will find your password.

For Nokia S60 3rd Phones, Nokia N-Series and Nokia E-Series
There is almost no way yet known to hack the memory card password in case of these types of phone but there is a way to do it some of the s60 3rd edition phones and almost all the E-series phones.

The remote lock option in E-Series phone allws you to unlock your phone by sending a sms.

The only thing you have to do is to activate this feature by going to Tools | Settings | Security | Phone and SIM | Allow remote lock menu. The password of your memory card will be your remote lock message.

So you have to just send a sms containing your remote lock message that will automatically change your memory card passsword.

Author: Pankil    19 Oct 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Hello

You should try to run a Memory card in Linux. In Linux we can easly format the card or take a back of the data..

Pankil

Author: hardik patel    09 Feb 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

hi,

It is very simple just follow these step:

1. Insert Memory card in to s60 Mobile.

2. It will allow you to open your Memory card but file and folder will not display.

3.go to opetion and select format option.

I have tried in Nokia c-5.00 Mobile.