Ask Experts » Opinion About » Automobiles »

Which scooty is good to purchase

Date: 01 Sep 2011   Posted By: subhashish kumar     Group: Opinion About    Category: Automobiles   

I am looking for scooty to gift my parents, I have seen lots of scooties in market and internet with their features, price etc but I dont have proper knowledge about that which scooty should I purchase and which scooty is really good for long term for my parents so I need you please share your personal experience who uses scooty and your opinion.

Thanks and Regards

Author: Freddy Thomson    06 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

My friend,
First of all congratulations for caring your parents. You are doing your duty well. Their prayer will help you in your life. Anyhow let me say my option.
Many scooty are bad to take speed and may get destroyed fast. If you want good efficient, long lasting scooty take Honda Activa.
Graphics does not matter. The vehicle is of great quality.
By,
Freddy.

Author: Ajai B Maliackal    07 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Congratulations for your sincere effort to your parents.May your life get blessings to stay always ahead in our life.Honda activa will be the better choice to buy.

Author: Raghu R Naik    07 Sep 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Really, Congrats for caring your parents ! The best 2 wheeler in the segment is Honda Activa , other than TVS and Suzuki along with Mahindra.

You can chose any of these. If you want good ground clearance, easy for all height people, good mileage, low maintenance, and in budget, then go for Honda Activa.

Author: Renin    08 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion Honda pleasure will be the best option. It is slightly smaller and hence more convenient than Honda activa. Look wise too it is better than activa and has a streamlined body. It weighs less and has a better mileage. Also it costs about 5 thousand less than Activa.

Author: s rama murty    11 Sep 2011      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hi! Subhashish! Your decision of buying a gearless scooter is very good. Especially all towns and cities are overcrowed nowadays. And moreover for elderly people it is a hasselfree vehicle to drive even in busy traffic. However, you should consider the body weight of the regular riders , in this case that of your father. In my opinion, though Honda Activa is a wonderful scooty and nodoubt the best in its category, it is heavier than say, a pleasure model of Hero group. So for persons of light body weight it may be a bit difficult to balance. More so if of short height. In that case i would recommend 'Pleasure'.If your father/mother, who can ride is of more than average height and weight go for 'Activa'.

Author: Nupur Khalkho    11 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4    Voting Score: 0

Hi Subhashish, congratulations for such a nice thought of presenting scooty to your parents. There are manymodels available in the market. These all range from approximately 39,000 rupees and above. Recently I bought a scooty for myself so I can tell you about the various models available in the market. These are Mahindra-dura, Susuki access, Tvs scooty, Hero honda pleasure and Honda activa. Hero honda pleasure and honda activa will cost you about 10,000 more. I will suggest you to buy 'activa' as it has a long and comfortable seat, the metal body makes it more durable, there is a tuffup tube to avoid punchure and the best part is that it has an anti-theft key shutter to prevent theft and its 18 litre capacity will make the drive comfortable. The engine is good and it ensures long life. I think hero honda pleasure is trendy and for youngsters but is is also a good bike. Visit the show room get satisfied before you buy. You will know what will suit your parents better and also about their choise. Buy with a cool mind do not make haste.

Author: Amit Kumar    11 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion also you should opt for the honda activa for your parents. This scooty is powerful but handy and having a goo design. Your parents will love this. Also the maintainence cost of this scooty is lower tan compared to the other vriants available in the market. You should definitely opt for this scooty without having much doubts in your mind as it is poewred by the good engine which gives it a very long lasting.

Author: Surojit    19 Mar 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Really its great to know that we have such promising members in ISC who cares for parents. Well let me say my opinion.
Don't go for light weight scooty. They offer great mileage but not good in the long run. I will suggest you Honda Activa since I am using it. Its a great scooter. Very tough, offers decent mileage and a nice on-road and off-road vehicle.

Author: tony kurien    29 Mar 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

The two wheelers of TVS Motor Company is the best in terms of mileage and performance. For aged persons,TVS Scooty Streak or Scooty Pep+ is recommended. They are light weight scooters. Honda Activa has a good mileage,
but it weighs more. Because of its weight, it,s tyres gets punctured easily and will cause problems.

Author: palash    17 Apr 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

I think Hero Honda Pleasure is the best option, it's classic look attract the eyes towards itself, its milage is also quite better as well as ver low maintaince cost and company is also providing very good service to their costomers, but 1 thing which can troble your parents is its weight. And if you like to go for light weight scooty then I would like to suggest you Bajaj Kristal or Tvs Pept+ but their service is not up to the level of Pleasure.

Author: Sakshi    17 May 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

congratulations! You are getting a scooty from your parents. In this matter i preffer to buy a 'Honda Activa'. I think it is good for you. It has many colours.
If you do not want to buy 'Honda Activa' and think about its body then you can buy 'Pept plus'. It is less weighter then 'Honda Activa'.

Author: Pavnesh Pratap singh    18 May 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The best scooty you can purchase is Honda activa. Because it is the best scooty ans also the strong vehicle that is most demandful amony people today.

Author: Kalyani    18 May 2012      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

It is really nice of you to have a wonderful thought of gifting something really useful to your parents. In my opinion, instead of gifting a scooty to your parents which is generally designed for the usage of teenagers / youngsters, it would be nice if you can increase your budget from scooty and go for a Tata Nano which would be really ideal for them to their age. And it would be even safer to drive when compared to a scooty which is quite smaller in size and might not suit elderly people.

Author: Iti Tyagi    18 May 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Dear member
I think there are several things which you should consider:
1. It is the first requirement that it should have a strong body, so that it can bear the weight as well it can run smoothly.

2. Mileage should be good, comfortable seats, more space so that it will be very cost effective.

3. Try for Mahindra Duro, honda Activa as well as Wego.

4. There is a small difference in the price range and the fact is, waiting for Activa is very long so you will need to book in advance.

5. It will be good if you will go to the showroom and will ask for the necessary details yourself.