|Author: Kumaraditya Sarkar 08 Sep 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 15 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
Just like any Bank PO recruitment exam, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Grade B Officers recruitment exam is also one of the tough competitive central government exams for bank officer post recruitment in India. Coming to your question, I would like to give three tips to crack RBI Grade B exam. Here they go:
- Studying has no alternative: For cracking any competitive job exam for bank officer recruitment, be it RBI Grade B officials recruitment exam, IBPS CWE bank PO / MT recruitment exam or any other examination of the equal stature, you will have to study a lot. A Sanskrit proverb tells that a mirror serves no purpose in a blind person's hand; similarly if you pile up lots of RBI Grade B exam books and study materials but read nothing it will do you no good. There are lots of RBI exam study materials available in the market within the range of Rs. 500-600 from all the leading publishers of competitive exams books like Pathfinder, Ramesh Publishing House, Upkar and so on. Also, ask your cousin to check out IBPS CWE Bank PO exam books and study materials as the questions are mostly of the same pattern and standard.
- Practice makes you perfect: Preparing for any competitive exam requires lots of practice. Ask your cousin to work out online and offline mock tests in scheduled times; that will do your cousin good and one will feel confident when one faces similar questions in the real time. You can take a look at RBI Grade B officers exam sample mock test which are offered in many websites.
- Never give up: Remember the childhood story of Robert Bruce? Only few students crack such difficult competitive exams at one go. Ask him / her not to give up even if he / she does not succeed at the first few instances. Slow but steady still wins races!
Last but not the least, if your cousin needs detailed Bank PO recruitment competitive exams tips you can check out NewRecruitments.com, a sister website of this IndiaStudyChannel.
Best of luck for your cousin's endeavours.
|Author: shantnu singh 21 Jan 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
Can you advise me on the study material i should refer for the phase 2 of this exam! I think this information will help a lot people preparing for this exam.
|Author: Shafeer V U 21 Jan 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
Prelims exam for RBI grade b officers are as like other PO exams of different banks. There is somethings which candidate needs to keep in mind while prepare for this exam :
1. Sectional cut-off are there for prelims, so that one has to clear all the section of each stage of the exam i.e. Quantitativeness, reasoning, eng and GS.
2. All the section are of moderately average nature except for GS.For GS one need to go for Economical issues and Financial term used in banking according to the present system.
3. For Maths books of M. Tyra or R S Aggarwal is sufficient. Even in reasoning also nothing to worry about.but keep sectional cut-off in mind.
4. You need not show your talent in exam because no one count the name of topper of this prelims. Ultimate goal is to crack the exam and get the Job. So don't waste much of the time on each section. Try to make any section that are more suitable or stronger and make just passmark in other section will make your work easy to pass out.
|Author: Piyoosh Goswami 22 Jan 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
You did not mention which place does your cousin belong. But I will suggest your cousin to join a good centre where the preparation of these types of exam are done.
Although self study is the only key of success of these competitive exam but in a centre we get the knowledge and tricks about the exam. We get knowledge how to attempt max. questions in min. time and what are the tricks to complete the paper in a short time.
Because all of these kind of competitive exam are time based where negative marking is also done. So if you attempt any question wrong means you will be punished by negative marking. So it is necessary to attempt only those question you are sure about.
To improve English and GK I will suggest you to read english national news paper like Times of India/ Hindustan times etc.
Also do not forget to purchase Pratiyogita Darpan at regular basis. Because all the competitive test and current G.k. question and their solution are given in this book. solve those question in the given time. Thus you can increase your capicity of questions right.
But still I will suggest her to join any coachin centre which tell these all things nicely.