Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Why GATE examination is required?

Date: 08 Sep 2011   Posted By: Tadyeta     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

Hello,

I'm in pre-final year of Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Tech)and I want to work in industry. I don't want to go for M.Tech...

So, my question is, what is the importance of GATE in my carrier? Would it help me in getting better job in industry? Or either in terms of package I get after being employed?

Further I would like to ask that does Industry really require M. Tech people?
Or technical knowledge of that level?

Author: harshit agrawal    10 Sep 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

gate is mainly for thoes who wants to put forword thair legs for higher study ,research ,technical field
if you have interest in technical field than you should go with gate.

Author: Ashu    10 Sep 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

GATE exam stands for 'gratuate apptitude test of engineering'. This exam is conducted by the six IIT in india. Gate is for doing M.Tech from a reputed indian institute of techology. Since IIT are top institute in india and also in outside, so it provides an oppurnity to be in world class knowledge. Placements are more then good and your total grooming takes place there. M.tech qualified people are very good in demand because of there vast knowledge and level of understanding.

Author: Ramprasad    11 Sep 2011      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

GATE examination is the entrance test for engineering students fro peruse Masters degree. Good GATE score will help get admissions in IIT ' s . While pursuing M.tech the student get sty fund . M.Tech will be helpful to get specialization in one field and further it will helpful to do Ph.D . An M.Tech completed student will get opportunities as professors in teaching field both in government and private .

Author: SumanthTalasila    11 Sep 2011      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

GATE examination is very important in your career even though you are not interested in going for higher studies.
Since you are from ECE background,there will be many examinations conducted by government organisations like DRDO,ISRO,BHEL etc for the recruitment at graduate level(they give importance to GATE score).If one is comfortable in GATE syllabus they can easily clear the written tests.
Its good if you prefer M-tech in IITs or IISC (good GATE score is required) because one will get stipend for 2 years and will also get a chance to place in topmost organisations with good packages.