India Educational Consultants
What after 10th?
Date: 15 Apr 2009 Posted By:
India Educational Consultants
Sir, I've just completed my 10th from CBSE. I basically want to enter civil services. My aim is to become an IAS officer. For that which stream should I select?
Also how should I start preparing for this examination?
and make money!
View All Answers:
15 Apr 2009 Member Level:
Points : 2
The First you need to consider: what is your field of interest?
After deciding your interested field you can go to these option
-you can join puc in any science stream from which you can go to either engineering or medical or and degree in science stream
-you can join puc in commerce stream
-you can join puc in arts stream
-you can join an Diploma
-you can join a JOC(job oriented course which is equal to 2nd yr PU)
Among the optins i will say joining PUC science steam is the best option because after PUC(Science) still you are open with many option at that ti,e you feel like doing BA means still you can join BA after PUC(science) like this you have many option after completion of your PUC(science),i prefer you to choose PUC(science stream).
16 Apr 2009 Member Level:
Points : 7 (
You don't necessarily need to follow science stream to become an IAS Officer. First of all, I suggest you look at
a sample exam paper
to get an idea of what types of questions you will be answering.
Here's some more information:
* You need to be a graduate from a recognised Indian University.
* Once you graduate, you must appear for the UPSC Civil Service Exam. There is an application form for the exam; you need to send that form to the Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, New Delhi - 110011.
* Age requirement for this is between 21 and 30 years as of August 1st of the year you appear for the examination.
* You need to look out for the advt. announcement of the exam dates in December in national newspapers or in the Employment News newspaper.
* Exams are conducted in numerous cities in India.
* Read general knowledge books and you will definitely need to be knowledgeable about current news
If you are determined and confident about your path, don't waver from it, no matter what anybody says. You should always follow what you want to do and not what others want to do.
Deciding on a Career
should be a firm decision, although it there is no harm in taking the advice of somebody who is older and more experienced than yourself!
ISC Forum Editor
Post answer or solution to "What after 10th?"
from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by posting valid answers for this question.
to post a response.
What tecniques and color was used in the artwork in temples of South India?
satellite channel band allottment
Confusion about what to take up!
Should I pursue MBA after graduation?
Why sex education is not a subject in India
What are the eligibility for post graduate courses & MBA
What are the career options after HSC Streams in Mumbai (Maharastra)
Return to Question Index
Ask Question to Experts
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
j r kumar
ch sri krishna venu
Kishori Mohon Dutta
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.