You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    How to approach for Right To Information (RTI) Act ?

    How to approach for Right To Information (RTI) Act ?
    Can RTI is applicable to private officer?
    What is the legal procedure to apply for RTI.
    From where we can get application form and how much is the fees for filing a RTI against any government officer. How much time is given by RTI Act to concern officer/bodies to provide details which are sought by applicant?
  • #79341
    Take a blank paper and write to "public information officer". these officers are hired By the government for this purpose only. Write your full name, father's name, address, phone number, mention whether you belong to BPL or not, then write your cheque or DD number(rs 10 u have to pay, you can directly give the cash to post office and you will get the receipt) and last, write your query. Sign it and go to the nearest post office. ask anyone where to submit RTI letter and after submitting don't forget to take the receipt. REMEMBER, public relation officer can not reject your letter and if he is doing so, ask for reason in written with his sign and seal. thats it
    Awaiting for replies.

  • #79346
    Thank you Ajay. I was looking for this answer. Thanks again.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

  • #79397
    hi paresh,
    R.T.I is ruled at 2005 and it is known as "RIGHT TO INFORMATION-2005".First of all,you have to ask the information whatever you want,going to that specific department.if the person don't want to give you information,you can give notice to "public information officer" at PUBLIC INFORMATION DEPARTMENT by the stamp paper of 20 Rs.but you have to remember that you have a written copy of which you had asked the information to that person and must be attached with it.then the officer will give notice to that person.yet he decline the notice,the department take the proper steps against him.anyone can ask the information even he/she not the government employee by stamp paper of 20 Rs.this rule is especially to make less corruption in every government or non-government department.

  • Sign In to post your comments