You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Teaching Jobs

    Am I eligible for the post of Lecturer for teaching in Engineering College approved by AICTE ?

    I have been completed my B.Tech.Civil 4 years degree course offered by IGNOU. My course is approved by AICTE. All Practical classes as well as all theory classes allotted in duration of hours by IGNOU was attended by me very attentively on sunday & other holidayes & in vacations on my study center M.I.T.Muzafferpur Engineering College allotted by IGNOU.
    Am I eligible for the post of Lecturer for teaching in Engineering College approved by AICTE ?
    Please confirm me I am eligible or not?
  • #81028
    Hi Waseem,

    According to AICTE norms,Eligibility for Lecturer in egineering and technology:
    First Class Bachelor's degree in the appropriate branch of
    Engineering/Technology or equivalent, valid GATE score,
    minimum 75 percentile; to complete M.Tech/ ME within 5 years
    failing which the increments will be stopped until the postgraduate
    degree is earned.
    And you have to Qualify FET(Faculty Eligibility Test) examination , But now most of the colleges take the freshers as lab programmer and after 1yr or 2years they are giving promotion as lecturer, So you can apply for Lecturer post in various colleges
    and i am attaching Qualification and eligibility for the post of Lecturer and Asst.Professor in Engg. and Technology.

  • #81038
    For doing lectureship in in AICTE approved Engineering college the candidate must possess a M.E/M tech degree. You are having the degree only so you are not eligible for doing lecturer as per AICTE norms. But there is a chance of doing Assistant lecturer and even as laboratory assistant job. But my advice to you is do Master's degree if you really wants to become a lecturer in Engineering college. After you can write NET examination conducted by UGC which allows you to become eligible for lecturer jobs in government Engineering colleges.

    There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

  • #81570
    I don't think there is any post such as assistant lecturer under AICTE norms. For teaching in a AICTE approved Engineering college you have to be B.E./B.Tech and M.E./M.Tech. Otherwise you can join as a Technical/laboratory Assistant. You can then do a part time Master Degree while doing your job (3 years course)after which you will be promoted to the post of lecturer.

  • #85829
    Yes,you can start as a junior faculty with any private engineering college,but you must do MTech to get a better package and post of lecturer/faculty in an AICTE approved college.Further if you clear UGC NET examination you can get higher package.During next 5/6 years down the line you can do Phd and then you can become a Dean/hod and can advance in your teaching career.
    Best of luck.

  • #85831
    Hi friend i am Asst.Prof. and head of department in an engineering college in MP i like to tell you that you are eligible to teach but i like to advice you that if you want to grow in this field than you should do ME/Mtch but at this time civil field is most growing field so you can easily get good teaching offer and if you want to teach i can help you i need a lecturer in our college if you want to work in MP than you can send me your resume at
    Contact information deleted

  • #85832
    As you tell that your course is AICTE approved so there is no technical problem ,problem is that here, you are not M Tech qualified. After completing M Tech you are eligible for lectureship. You can teach polytechnic students very finely and there is no problem in joining as lecture and in between you can complete your M Tech as pert time means, this is a very good option for you or you can do regular M Tech.
    Since 2010 AICTE changes their rules for lectureship in engineering colleges and only M Tech qualified is eligible as assistant professor because AICTE closing the lecture post in engineering colleges.

    Rajendra Singh
    I am not the BEST,
    but I am not like the REST........

  • #86794
    Hello Friend,
    i am also Lecturer in an Engineering college in Punjab approved by AICTE.But the requirement for the Lecturer post in Engineering college is candidate must be thing you can do,in starting try to get post in polytechnic college and beside start Your pat time m-Tech.Part time M-tech may take 3-4 years depending upon the university.once Your M-tech Complete you can try for engineering college for the job of that time you also earn good salary because of Your experience.Because if you get experience in teaching you will get good salary all belongs to Yours m-tech and yours of luck

    Believe in Yourself

  • #86835
    Hello friend,
    You are not eligible for lecturer post in engineering colleges. Because according to the new AICTE norms the minimum qualification for the Lecturer is
    -M.Tech degree from a college/university approved by the AICTE

    -First class in the M.Tech degree
    Additional qualifications are
    -NET qualification
    -Good research work
    -Good academic background

    If you are going to apply for any NIT or IIT institutions Ph.D is compulsory.

    But in few engineering colleges still B.Tech persons are working as lectures.

  • #91266
    Dear Waseem,
    1) You are eligible to become a lecturer in a AICTE approved engineering college if you have a first class BE/BTech degree.
    2) Though AICTE specifies MTech as additional requirement, for next three years (till 2015) this requirement is waived. After taking up lecturership, you have to complete MTech / ME within three years
    3) To help existing lecturers and new leacturers with BE, IITs will start on-line courses soon for MTech programs.
    Best wishes and welcome to the fraternity of engineering faculty

  • Sign In to post your comments